Thread: My cat bites me all the time.

My cat bites me all the time.

I love my cat a lot, but if she does not stop bitting me we are going to spank her harder. Well not to hard. That is why I am asking all of you for your help. I try to pet her she bites. I hate it. I have marks from her. Can any one help me?

PS: I love my cat al lot!!!!!

Spanking, whether hard or not, will only have one consequence: the cat will learn to avoid you. Cats have not a mind that can connect things like "I did bite" therefore "I am spanked". (I am convinced it is the same with children BTW).

On one hand most cats come and ask for being petted. Most of them don't like to be petted when they didn't start it

Some cats get very excited when petted (especially the belly) and if it is too much, they bite. Most of them will give you a sign however -like waving the tail.

Some cats also love to give you tender "love bites". I enjoy them

What are the situations in which your cat bites? It's difficult to tell in general.

Do you cat have enough to doing?
    Cat might bite if it is bored..

Do not spank it !!!

well she has...

she has plenty to do. i dont hit her that much i barely touch her. p.s. i love my cat very much

Well it is good if you dont spank it.
    Maby she just want to get you attension?

My cat Sky also likes to bite me. I think that when he was a kitten someone must have used their hands to play with him so he thinks that hands are toys. I would recommend that when your cat bites you that you say "Ouch!!" and then act like you're in pain. Then walk away from your cat and ignore her. Hopefully she'll learn that this is inappropriate behavior and that she'll be ignored when she does this. Good luck and please keep us updated.
    I also agree that you should never hit an animal because they don't understand why you're hitting them and it only causes them to become afraid of people and not to trust them either.

my cat bites me all the time too

I hate when my cat bites me. Do you ask why? Well, I don't know!!! I guess that it happens to all people who have cats, because... all that I know or think that cats like to bite people just for fun or in self defence!!!! but, what I have learned from cats that bite, wash your hands after the cats bite you, because you don't know where their teeth have been......

Socks,
    How old is the cat? Where did she come from? This has a lot to do with how the cat will treat you.

Stella

PS Hitting, spanking, swatting at the cat will only make matters worse.
    Tiny Paws (!?!) ready to walk in and on your heart. They will dig a hole and plant themselves there and grow like weeds wrapping themselves around your heart and soul.

Please never spank your cat. Buy a spray bottle and fill it with WATER and if your cat does something that it shouldn't be doing then shake the bottle. With my cat he knows as soon as he sees me going for the water bottle he is doing something he shouldn't be doing. Such as trying to steal food off my plate or hubby's. Or something like that. I never spray him for biting me.

What ever you do don't hit them. My niece was over one time and got mad at Cubby and she slapped him as hard as she could. Cubby ever since hates and I mean hates children. Of course being the good cat mom that he wants me to be. My niece got a hefty time out session. She was no longer allowed to talk, look or ever try to pet Cubby anymore. My cat is not her for her enjoyment. He is here because I wanted him and there is no way she was going to get away with hitting my baby. If a child comes into my apartment the first thing Cubby does is growls spits slaps at them. Of which he gets the time out and he gets put in the bedroom, not for the kids protection but for his. These kids know nothing about cats. I refuse to let them learn what happens to a cat once you hit them. My nephew has also learned that you don't even act like you are kicking at him either. If you do anything mean or trying to be funny in a mean way to my cat you get to sit on the couch for the rest of the time you are in my apartment with no tv no computer no radio no nothing. The only think you will be allowed to do is go to the bathroom and get a drink of water or eat. That's it. I do not tolerate it in my house.

If you keep spanking your cat no matter how much you him or her it will end up not liking you at all. You don't want that. Cat's are great animals. They deserve to be treated like royality like they are.

Katie

My cat is not that old....

My cat is about a year old. I don't know where she came from because one of my mom's friends gave her to us. My mom's friend got her from one of her friends. And her cat got ran over so they had to get rid of the kittens. My old cat died so she thought that I might want a new cat, and I did.

I love my cat a lot...

We have to make her stop biting us, and the water bottel works good. Thank you all for your answers. If you ever have any qu.s to ask just do it.