Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Binx is at the RB...

Binx is at the RB...

It is with a very heavy heart that I tell you I had Binx PTS this morning, at 820am. I am in a state of disbelief that my big baby boy is no longer with me. The last few months, especially, the last few weeks have been very, very hard, mostly on me, some on Binx. We had great hopes for sir jury, a cure, or at least a liveable fix. It just didn't seem to be in the cards for him. I had the biopsy work done the last week of January, and was hopeful that something new could be discovered. Nothing was. The Doctor was fairly suprised at the growth of the gum. He hadn't realized it had grown so much. The doctor in New Jersey, when he recieved the xrays, was pretty dumbfounded about Binx's tooth placement. The sir jury he was proposing was going to be pretty radical, very painful, and at least a two step process. The sad news was- this wasn't a guarantee. All of it could grow back. I thought long and hard about putting Binx (and me) through this, and what would it be like to have him in this condition for the rest of his life. I came to the very difficult decision that Binx wasn't going to be a test animal, nor could I live with him, in a house, the way he was. The smell of the gum either decaying, or the food stuck in the crevices decaying was very overwhelming. I cannot really explain it sufficently to make it seem as significant as it was. It was nauseating. I didn't know if I was being fair to Binx, or not anymore. While I told myself he was happy, and in my heart of hearts, I believe he was, I can't say he wasn't in pain or discomfort. I couldn't say subjecting him to further sir jury would be worthwhile. I can't really say that I could have sucessfully placed him in a shelter, or home. It was really a major deformity. I was overwhelmed, and I was used to it. I feel like I have betrayed Binx, that I was the one person that said I would love him forever, and 'fix' him. Then, I changed my mind. I hurt so bad over my decision. I can only pray that this was in his best interest, and where ever he is, he knows I love him tremendously, and wanted nothing but the best for him. Sadly, I will have this on my conscience for the rest of my life. That still won't make it right. I wanted you all to know, since you supported us so much. I hope my decision won't make you feel less for me. Please say a prayer for my big baby, lumbering around at the RB, with a full set of teeth, a normal jawbone, and all the tennis balls he wants.
    Johanna

OMG, Johanna, I'm so, so, so sorry to hear about Binx. He is a beautiful dog. We all lovbed him. He is a sweetheart. He loved you, Johanna, very, very much. Love and prayers, Sarah and Sadie May.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Johanna, I can't stop crying. I'm so sorry. Please don't feel guilty, I think you did the best for Binx. There would have been too many hurdles and I'm sure the risk of infection was great, due to the crevices and food getting stuck in there.

Sometimes it's harder to do what you know is right, than to do what you want to do.

I'm so truly sorry.

I am so sorry. Rest in peace dear Binx, you are very missed. I am soo sorry for your loss

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

I'm sorry have i missed somthing????
    I thought Binx was young?
    Did he have a diease of some sort????

I am very sorry for your loss he looks like a very large gentle cute giant, such a loss of a great dog is the worst loos ever, i;m sorry for you and hope that your next dog will be a needy resuce
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Oh Johanna!! {{{hugs}}}

Gosh I cannot stop crying!! I really don't know what to say other than I am in tears after reading this, and just so very heartbroken. You were so devoted to Binx, such a loving mommy to him. He could NEVER have had a better and more loving guardian than you. I know he knows you love him, and what you did was with concern and in his best interest. I know it is painful. I can't even imagine how you are feeling at this moment. Please don't feel guilty. You did the best you could, and God knows that, and so does Binx.

If you need to talk, know that I am here for you. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but I know you made the best decision in Binx's best interest. I know life must have been hard for him, and it would have been hard to go on like this. Please take care. You'll be in my prayers.

{{{big hugs}}}
    Last edited by popcornbird; 02-16-2004 at 05:44 PM.

aww Im so sorry to hear about Binx! R.I.P Binx!! You are always loved
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

Oh My Johanna. I am so sorry. I can't imagine what you must have been going through making this decision. Binx was a wonderful dog that touched many of our lives. It was a pleasure to know Binx. You put some much time and love into him, if you feel this was the right decision, it must have been. None of us were in your shoes and could know the pain you must have dealt with on a daily basis.

Know that we are here for you if you need to talk. I hope you will still come a visit at the dog park.

RIP Binx. We love you!

Im sooo sorry to here about your Binxy Boy.

RIP Binx......your always loved.

Oh Johanna I'm so, so sorry. I can't see for the tears. Johanna, each and every one of us knows how much you loved your beautiful Binx and NO ONE could have done more, tried harder, to make him healthy and whole again. We have nothing but love and admiration and respect for you for being the best, most devoted and dedicated Mommy in the whole, wide world. Binx was so blessed to have you as his Mom. I'm devastated for you loss, simply heartbroken Please remember that Binx knew how very, very loved he was, each and every day of his life. You did all that you could and in the end, you had the courage to do what was best for your beautiful boy. I wish I could say something to comfort you. I know your heart's breaking. We're here for you Johanna to give you support and to listen whenever you feel like talking. Please God, comfort Johanna and give her strength to face the difficult days ahead. {{{HUGS}}} Bless you beautiful Binx.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

(((Hugs Johanna))) Binxy will be missed here at Pet Talk.

Oh, Johnanna I have tears in my eyes. I am soo sorry about this. But just know that you did everything you could for Binx and he appreciates that. Just thinking back on everything you went through together to help him better is a wonder to me. I am sure he is running happily and pain-free at the RB. You did all you could and I am sure that Binx knows that you did what was best for the both of you. *HUGS* Take care of yourself.

I'll be keeping the two of you in my prayers. We are all here for you.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Jo, I can't say much because I'm crying, but you knew him best. Any decision of that magnitude will bring about regret, but you must've made it with Binxy's wellbeing in mind.

Big hugs to you
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Even though I rarely post, I was following Binx's story and praying for a cure for his condition. I'm so sorry that it came down to this. I know it was a very difficult decision, and based on what you said, must be the right one. Tears are starting...RIP Binx, play free at the RB.
    Joan

Wow, I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say.
    RIP sweet Binx. Have fun at the Rainbow Bridge. Keep an eye on mom, okay? She misses you dearly.

I'm at a loss for words.

{{{HUGS}}} to you, Johanna.