Thread: Checkers had a bad day recently...

Checkers had a bad day recently...

Here's an odd thing that happened to Checkers...

We had a little problem with possoms this fall, involving several that had found their way into our basement ceiling. We solved the issue by blocking off their entrance to the house and setting up a couple of traps. (Some time before we also solved the problem of the cat getting in the ceiling via the windows--we have a tile ceiling and there was a space into it above the windows.) So having evicted the intruders, we left a trap up there in case there was anyone else and forgot about it.

Checkers has evidently found a new way up into the ceiling. We didn't know this until we heard his meows and realized we hadn't seen him for half the day. We found him packed in the box trap like a pickle, and the bait we had left (cat food, ironically) was polished off! Needless to say he was an angry kitty...

No serious harm done, except to his ego perhaps, but now I have to discover his new "entry point"

I am sorry to hear that Checkers had a bad day. However the story was just too cute. He was probabaly just embaressed and tried to hide it with mad kitty face.

Good luck finding the new entrance.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

When we had a trap in the garden trying to catch mother and two kittens, we regularly used to come home from work to find the cat who lives across the road stuck in there. When we let him out, he always looked up at us and back at the trap as if he was saying "I got stuck in there! You want to get that seen to."

I can only imagine his scowel. Evil, bad moewmie you are! He knows you set that deliberately for him! Why else would you have baited it with his food? Poor little guy. I have feeling that after a few treats he'll be feelingloving towards you again.

Too funny! Thanks for the laugh!

lol - poor Checkers.

When you look for his new entrance keep in mind that it can be smaller than what you think Checkers can fit through.

Just the other day I saw Joxer go out a sliding glass door that was only big enough for a 10 pound cat but he managed to get all of his 14 pounds through the door.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Thank God , for Checkers , it was a humane trap , and not one where he could have gotten hurt. That will teach him , a lesson ,to be careful , where he walks!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS