Hi, all! I just got a new puppy yesterday evening, and, last night was his first night in the crate. He fell asleep with me on the floor, so, when I went to bed, I just put him in his crate, and, he didn't budge. He didn't wake up and start crying until about 5:00. I got up and took him out and he cried for three hours straight when I put him back to bed. I knew he would cry for a little bit, but, I honestly wasn't expecting that! I haven't had a puppy in the home for a very long time! I will keep everyone posted on his progress, but, I just wanted to ask how long it takes them usually to get used to being alone. I think being alone is more what makes him cry than being crated. He's seven weeks old and I think this is the first time he's not been surrounded by siblings. He's very smart, though, I think he'll be easy to train. He didn't have an accident at all overnight, and one thing I've noticed is that when he comes up to you on leash, he automatically sits. So, I've already been saying "sit" and praising him. Can't start too young, I guess. He's going in to see my vet today, and, hopefully will receive a clean bill of health. But, any advice on puppies will be greatly appreciated! I am all ears!