Thread: zippo dogs for 2 weeks now! lol

zippo dogs for 2 weeks now! lol

wow, our shelter has had zero dogs for 2 weeks now! the ONLY thing left in the shelter is a couple of cats! lol last week they had cats and a rabbit named sunny, now just cats! just to give you all some hope that it IS perfectly possable to have no dogs in the shelter
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

That's great!

Our shelter on the other hand just had 17 new dogs come in on Saturday.

That is awesome *Yay*

We have run out of room for anymore dogs at our shelter which means more have to be PTS
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

make that 3 weeks, and only 1 cat left now. an empty shelter, now thats a good problem!

one thing has been bothering me though, what does our shelter do different from others? around here it is extremly rare to see a stray anything, even rich people go to the shelter for their pets,no government funding, a tone of support, $25-35 adoption fee's, purbreds are spayed before leaving the shelter, mutts you just have to put down a spay deposit and you are given 3 months to have the dog or cat fixed, the vet who preformed the procedure has to notify the shelter it has been done. umm a pets on parade section in the paper, fundarising(telethone, dogwalk), ok so what makes our shleter so successfull compared to others?
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I've never heard of that. I don't know what makes your shelter so great but they'd better keep it up.

Our no kill shelter, on the other hand, is so full they are boarding dogs in the offices.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

That is great!

Our no kill shelter always has dogs and cats.