Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So sad :( Rough neck!

So sad :( Rough neck!

A friend of mine had a kitten named rough neck, and she was leaving to go out to dinner last night, and he was laying in the dryer! And she thought it was so cute, and that nobody would be home tonight, and that if they did come home they wouldnt put wet clothes on top of the dry clothes, so he would be fine.

Her room mate came home, and decided to dry her bra, and didnt see him, didnt even take the dry clothes out, and she hard thumping so did the guy that was there with her, and she said the dryer was just messing up! How could she not check!

They found blood in there, and rough neck, dead
    And to make everything worse, they threw him in a BEER BOX and put a garbage bag over him that already had GARBAGE in it

Poor rough neck, and theres alot of snow, my friend doesnt know what to do with him because she cant burry him

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

That is SO sad!!! Can your friend see if the vet can cremate Rough Neck???

I had this happened to a friend of mine. Her cat was asleep in some clothes in her dryer. She thought she'd run it for a few more minutes to get them warm. Her cat died too.

While hindsight has 20/20 vision, if it were ME, I would've taken the kitten OUT of the dryer and closed the door as an ounce of prevention.

Unfortunately, it's a little too late for that. Such a tragedy for a small, sweet kitten.

RIP sweet little Rough Neck. You're in a much better place now.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Poor Rough Neck. I agree that she should call a vet about cremation. They really can't just bury him because in many states, that is considered improper disposal of a body - even though it is a cat.

That would never happen in my house because I am so uptight about the dryer door being open even a 1/4" - that little light being on drives me nuts (its actually one of my major pet peeves!) I never even thought the cats would slip in and sleep... though it does make sense because its so warm and cozy. A perfect cat haven. That is so sad... poor little guy.

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

So sad, I don't see how the girl wouldn't go check the noise in the dryer.

From Decker with Love

That is too sad!
    Last edited by amoore; 02-15-2004 at 02:07 PM.

Crying

Rest in Peace dear sweet little Rough Neck.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I hope the blood stains never come out of her bra so she is forever reminded of her stupidity. And obviously your friend learned a lesson the hard way too.

RIP sweet Rough Neck.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

That is so sad.

I am so parinoid about my 2 climbing in there, that we never leave the dryer door open.

I agree with Donna, the vet should be able to do a creamation. That will let them wait until the ground thaws so they can bury poor Rough neck, if that is what they would like to do.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Thanks everyone

Also her room mate didnt check the dryer because she didnt really care.

My friend was suposed to call the vet today about cremation(sp) so I hope she did!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I put my dryer out in the green house where the cat don't go....But I still have to be careful about the the door being keep closed because the frogs live there in the greenhouse.

I'm sorry but I am going to come across a bit harsh but I can't help it. First of all I think your friend is seriously irresponsible! She should have NEVER left the cat in the dryer in the first place. Would she allow her child to play in the traffic? That little act had the potential to be a disaster which it ultimately became. Part of being a responsible pet owner is to foresee, as much as humanly possible, dangers that our animals might be exposed to. I also think the roommate and her friend are idiots. (Sorry again for the harsh words) I can't imagine anyone not checking to see what the noise was. This story is very upsetting to me and I don't even know the kitty involved but it breaks my heart. I hope your friend and her roommate have learned something.

I don't know what to say....
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

When I first read this post, I felt SO angry and sad that I couldn't reply. Your friend and her roommate really need to learn a few things!! What a total lack of responsibility!

I totally agree with what Pam said here.
    Originally posted by Pam
    First of all I think your friend is seriously irresponsible! She should have NEVER left the cat in the dryer in the first place. That little act had the potential to be a disaster which it ultimately became. Part of being a responsible pet owner is to foresee, as much as humanly possible, dangers that our animals might be exposed to. I also think the roommate and her friend are idiots. (Sorry again for the harsh words) I can't imagine anyone not checking to see what the noise was. This story is very upsetting to me and I don't even know the kitty involved but it breaks my heart. I hope your friend and her roommate have learned something.
    Rest in Peace Rough Neck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

That is so sad , for poor Rughneck , and the Found Cats are crying over him, the Cat Angels will wait for him , at the Rainbow Bridge , and see that he gets to fit in , all right!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS