Thread: shiny

shiny

shiny coats?
    my dogs are heathly in every way but i can't seem to get their coat shiny. Is anything i can add to their feed to make their caot shine?
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

What breed are they? Not every breed's coat gets shiny! A rough-coated breed may be perfectly healthy without a shiny coat.

You can try adding some fish oil to their food. What type of food are they on?
    I've been BOO'd!

one is a rat terrier the other is a beagle mix and my pup is a terrier mix all short hair and they are on pedigree dry food mixed with chicken soup for the dogs soul caned food they just went for their check up and the vet gave them all good reports they are heathly but i can't get their coat to shine where can i get some fish oil?thanks for the help hope this inf. helps
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

Winston Churchill

How often do you bathe them? That could have an effect on thier coats. But I have to tell you that no matter what I do, Millie's coat NEVER shines. It always looks dull. Chester, on the other hand, shines on the brown part and his white hair looks like spun glass, it's so shiny. All dogs are different.

It could also be that the Pedigree just doesn't give them everything they need.

You can get any kind of Efi Caps or Missing Link at any store like Petsmart, but IMO your$ would be better spent feeding them dry Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul in addition to the wet, instead of the Pedigree.

Originally posted by micki76
    How often do you bathe them? That could have an effect on thier coats. But I have to tell you that no matter what I do, Millie's coat NEVER shines. It always looks dull. Chester, on the other hand, shines on the brown part and his white hair looks like spun glass, it's so shiny. All dogs are different.

It could also be that the Pedigree just doesn't give them everything they need.

You can get any kind of Efi Caps or Missing Link at any store like Petsmart, but IMO your$ would be better spent feeding them dry Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul in addition to the wet, instead of the Pedigree.
    I bathe them once a month and when ever they get dirty.
    I have tried the chickn soup dry food like i feed the pedigree with the canned food and they wouldn't eat it. i was at a total lose so i put a little pedigree with it and they gobbled it up i don't understand it. they are just silly doggies i guess chewie would it both te same i don't knowguess cause she's puppy any suggestions
    KayKay

Winston Churchill

This stuff works! Viticoat plus. You can request a free catalog, anf get Vitacoat plus.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Nutro Max does really well with Layla's coat, she's really shiny, except for her tail..rather strange.

thank ya'll all SO much I will let ya'll know what I try and keep you posted on how it worked
    KayKay

Winston Churchill