Thread: What treats should i get my dog?

What treats should i get my dog?

We only got Lady less then a week ago, and we are tring to learn what she likes and doesn't like to make her new home as comfortable as possible. Lady is a picky eater.The other day she hardly eat anything at all.

We took her to the vet because she has been sneezing and weezing and we asked the vets advice about her eatting habits and the vet recommended that we add some can food to her dry food, that it was possible that she is having a hard time smilling the food, and some dogs just like it better with some gravy. We tried this, and it worked, she gobbled down her food like she hadn't eatten in days.

I've been reading everything i can find about training lady and it seems training is best done with treats, but what do you do with a dog that doesn't like treats. The only treat we have gotten her to eat are greenies, but she only eats them when she is in the mood to eat. I might try some of the bite size one, but i have a feeling they won't work either. Are there any real good treats that have a strong smeel that may get lady's attention? Any ideas for a picky eatter?

I also have a picky eater..... but she will always go for Dried Liver.

Good luck, and just keep shopping around untill you find something that works.

Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Tiny bites of microwaved hot dogs get mine to do ANYTHING.

You may only be one person in the world, but to one person, you may be the world

Re: What treats should i get my dog?

Originally posted by b0bth0ny
    We only got Lady less then a week ago, and we are tring to learn what she likes and doesn't like to make her new home as comfortable as possible. Lady is a picky eater.The other day she hardly eat anything at all.

We took her to the vet because she has been sneezing and weezing and we asked the vets advice about her eatting habits and the vet recommended that we add some can food to her dry food, that it was possible that she is having a hard time smilling the food, and some dogs just like it better with some gravy. We tried this, and it worked, she gobbled down her food like she hadn't eatten in days.

I've been reading everything i can find about training lady and it seems training is best done with treats, but what do you do with a dog that doesn't like treats. The only treat we have gotten her to eat are greenies, but she only eats them when she is in the mood to eat. I might try some of the bite size one, but i have a feeling they won't work either. Are there any real good treats that have a strong smeel that may get lady's attention? Any ideas for a picky eatter?
    I wouldn't worry too much about her not eating. When I first got my dog from the shelter he barely ate or drank anything, but about a week and a half or so later he was all normal. Just make sure she atleast drinks.
    ~*~The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us~*~

RIP Lacey and Booger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ]

Ah, I have a picky eater too. I find that dried liver, hot dogs, or any kind of dried organ meat works really well.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

She's drinking plenty, so no worries there. I have to give her more time to adjust to her new home. It hasn't even been a week yet.