Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many here have had teeth pulled???????

how many here have had teeth pulled???????

hey,

ok i need help or in other words releive see for a week or so now my back gum has been hurting me and on monday i went to see the dentist he said that the thing thats causing the pain in my gum is a wisdom tooth coming in so on this tuesday i believe thats when i see a sugen about getting it yanked out i've had a few sugerys and know the drill about it although both sugerys were not in my mouth they were a vns implant for my seizures and ......................ladies are familer w/ this one a d&c LOL anyway this will be my first tooth to get yanked out please tell me what will involve thaat???????? can anyone tell me. i hope i don't have to um get in a lovely gown for a tooth do i?????silly question i know but so far all the surgerys i've had invloved a gown and dang i hate hospial gowns LOL if you have had a tooth pulled please tell me what to expect thanks and take care

ps.i think on tues day they will do a scan to make sure thats whats causing the pain in my gum not sure if the removel is the same day ................either way i'll keep you posted on how it goes thanks again in avance take care

marylyn

It depends on whether the wisdom tooth is impacted or not. If it is impacted, you're in for a fun few days - better plan on some sick days! If not, you'll be tender for a few days, but no biggie. You'll feel like your mouth is made up of raw hamburger - yuck! Just make sure you follow the dentists directions on keeping it clean because there's nothing worse than an infection that gets in deep after a tooth was pulled!

I had 11 teeth pulled at once. Not fun, but not horrific, either.

Hubby was amazed because I ate steak that same night.

Before I got braces, I had to have a tooth pulled out It hurt SOO much!!! I felt all dizzy after and I was almost crying lol.

I don't want to scare you anymore...because I'll just be going on and on about how much it hurtlol
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

I had 4 or 5 teeth pulled out but that was a long time ago.. when I was still in Elementary school.. it wasn't too bad..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I believe I am the Tooth extraction master. I have has a total of 18 teeth pulled T-T 4 were wisdom teeth. Now as you can imagen I've developed some type of fear of getting anything with my teeth done. I believe I even cried going in to get my wisdom teeth out because I was nervous (I'd also never had surgry with scared me a lot too)...but I'll tell you, it's no where near as bad as I though! You'll do just fine ^_^ I never needed a gown, I just went in in my reg clothes. My mouth was sore for a while, but nothing big

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

In the early 70's I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled at the same time. I had to arrive an hour early and they gave me these little pink pills that worked wonders. I was awake the whole time but very giddy. The problem started the next day. My gums got infected and I had to go back to the dentist and he had to cut the gum again, clean it out and restitch it. That was NOT fun. I was off work for a week with intense pain.

They have made wonderful advancements in dentistry since then and I'm sure now it's no big deal.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

When I had mine removed, they used full anesthesia so I was out like a light. no problem.

I was put to sleep for my wisdom teeth!

The only thing that bothered me was the fact that I woke up during the surgery.....

I was sore afterwards and it wasn't as bad as I thought....the worst part was not being able to eat the night before......

If you were having your tonsils done, then I 'd tell you to worry---just a little bit
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I've had loads taken out but most were pulled when I was still really young because they had literally rotted away. I had some taken out for my braces too. I think pulling wisdom teeth would hurt more than the other teeth but it shouldn't be TOO bad. When they pulled my teeth out, they gave me a shot to numb up the gums and did it while I was awake. I honestly didn't feel anything except for pressure. There weren't any sharp pains or anything.

A friend of mine went in to get his done not too long ago. He came back with swollen cheeks but said it didn't hurt too much.

I was supposed to get mine done a while ago..but they still haven't booked me in. My wisdom tooth is already sticking out a bit and I think the most painful part is done already. Anywho, good luck. Be brave!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I had a few teeth removed in elementary school, but i dont think they would hurt as much as wisdom teeth.My cheek felt puffy afterwards because they numbed my mouth when they did it.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

Originally posted by RICHARD
    I.the worst part was not being able to eat the night before
    Actually the worst for me was not being able to brush my teeth for a week because I couldn't open my mouth wide enough
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

You may only be one person in the world, but to one person, you may be the world
    I've never had to have any teeth pulled, not even my wisdom teeth, they all fit in my mouth. Good luck with that though!
    ~*~The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us~*~

RIP Lacey and Booger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ]

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out. Nope, no gowns or anything like that, and no pain. They knocked me out, and (what seemed like) 2 minutes later, they were waking me back up.

Hope things go well for ya, and that you'll feel better soon! Keep us posted.

I have had two teeth pulled when they were putting my braces on. Trust me, it doesn't hurt! I was really nervous the morning I was going in to get them pulled out, but it honestly took about 10 minutes. You don't feel any pain, and it just feels like someone is pulling on your tooth!

Oh, and I don't have wisdom teeth and will never get them.