Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horrors!

Some stores can be real a******* when it comes to helping people. When I find that I don't go there anymore.

Anyway onto the camera problem. I will start with I know nothing about nikon cameras, but I do know about jiggling cables.

First, question is what end of the cable were you moving to get it to work? Camera or computer end.

You may not know, but I will ask. Is it a standard USB cable or one that is proprietary to Nikon? If it is a standard one USB you just take it to the computer store and buy another one. Test it. and if it works, then send yours to Nikon. Then return the other one after you get yours back. That way you can still use your camera and get a 'rental' to use.

If it is a Nikon Proprietary cable go to the store that would not help you and see if they sell just that cable. Buy it and do the same thing as I described for the normal USB cable.

I am sure you know, but I will say it anyway. Make sure of the return policy before buying anything. I say that because alot of tech stores are now charging a 15% restock fee.

You can also see if the camera is taking pictures and get a card reader for the camera memeory. That way you can just bypass the camera connector.

I would still check the camera conector, because if it is loose or bad that may affect other things.

That is about it for first steps. Please go ahead and ask any questions that you have on anything I wrote. I will try and remember to keep an eye on this thread. Also, please feel free to PM me.

Good luck.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

How could you possibly think that Allen wouldn't be adored on PT?? He is a BIG, BEAUTIFUL, ORANGIE!!! What in the world is more popular on PT?? I would love to hear and see more of Allen. Of course, we never tire of Pouncer either!! You have to adorable babies!!

I'm sorry about your camera. I would go insane if something happened to mine!! I hope you get good news and its fixed and returned very very soon!!!

Along with what Catdad has said. I have also done the wiggle thing with the cords and I have also knocked my USB port loose. You may also want to check that. If that is loose all you have to do is open up your computer and find the right card and tighten it back up. It's really no big deal to do it, if you are not comfortable doing it your self ask a friend or something that knows how to build computers. If that doesn't work the going rate around me is 50$ an hour for a 10 minute fix. Good luck please let us know.

Katie

Originally posted by cubby31682
    Along with what Catdad has said. I have also done the wiggle thing with the cords and I have also knocked my USB port loose. You may also want to check that. If that is loose all you have to do is open up your computer and find the right card and tighten it back up. It's really no big deal to do it, if you are not comfortable doing it your self ask a friend or something that knows how to build computers. If that doesn't work the going rate around me is 50$ an hour for a 10 minute fix. Good luck please let us know.

Katie
    Thanks, but it is definately the connection at the camera. The connection at the computer is just fine. Sigh. I'll send off my camera to the company tomorrow (if I get done my appointment early, otherwise Tuesday)

Aww, poor Allen, disturbed by that nasty snow.

I had always meant to ask why there were no Allen pictures.