Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horrors!

Horrors!

Ok, hold your seat! My digital camera broke!

Gasp! Oh no! I have to take it back and see if they'll replace or repair it for me, but who knows how long that'll take.

In the meantime, I have been told by my daughter that poor Allen get neglected in all of my posts. So I must post some old pictures of him... these were taken before Christmas and I never knew when to post them but the story behind them is cute - his expression tells it all.

We had our first snow and it was starting to melt one sunny day. slowly, it slid of the roof in one big clump. Allen was sleeping on the couch...

Awww, sleepy Allen

Eeek! Startled Allen

I will return someday when my camera is all better.

ahhh! BEAUTIFUL Allen

My deepest CONDOLENCES!!!!

I can't imagine a day without my digital!!!!

Precious Allen pics!!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Allen looks so soft and mild! I am sure he is your good kitty

Allen, you're so handsome. You have the same expression on your face as Fister, when he thinks we're coming in to the bedroom around lunchtime with a piece of ham.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

When your camera is fixed I demand that you post more pictures of Allen! He is so handsome I love those orange boys!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I just got a response e-mail from Nikon... they said "if its new, then take it back to the store where purchased and they should replace it. If not, then ship it here for repairs." It was bought in September and the receipt says they won't exchange after 14 days... does that mean they won't handle warrenty issues? I will DIE if I have to ship it out and wait for its return.

I had no idea that everyone loved my big guy so much! He really is a sweetie-pie and is so gentle. And he also has as much personality as the crazy Pouncer! I will definately have to post more about my big guy!

Who can't help but love that cute face. Allen is so adorable.
    I hope your camera has a full and complete recovery., so we can see more of your cutie patootie.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

It is sad but true, Allen is a little neglected when it comes to posting pictures of him. So when the camera situation is resolved we expect that to be fixed.

If the camera is broke, and you bought it in September, I have news that you are probably not going to want to hear. I am not completely sure of this, but if it is anything like Olympus, you will have to send it to the repair center. I would think however that it should be covered under warranty, that was just under 6 months ago.

I know that we have different brands, but if they are anything like Olympus then it should only be about a week. They had to do a fair amout of work on mine and it really was fast.

Good luck. I hope it comes back quickly.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Sorry to hear about your camera, I can't imagine day without mine also.

I don't know how these warranty things work in the USA, but here in Germany you usually have one year on products like this. Good luck!

These are phantastic photos of Allen btw, such a beautiful light and so soft... He's a cutie pie!

Kirsten

We LOVE your orangie!! I think PT has a soft spot for orangies...I know I sure do!

That was a cute story about Allen...he looked so cozy until that horrible clatter!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

HaHa! The cool look of an orange kitty! Disturbed momentarily, but not upset! I recognize that look as I have seen it a million times on Trevor. Allen you are sooo cool! (My Andy, on the other hand, would have been a blur of white - as in OUTTA HERE!)

Originally posted by Pam
    HaHa! The cool look of an orange kitty! Disturbed momentarily, but not upset! I recognize that look as I have seen it a million times on Trevor. Allen you are sooo cool! (My Andy, on the other hand, would have been a blur of white - as in OUTTA HERE!)
    Pouncer would be a great grey blur running to the window ledge to see what was going on and braving the opportunity to fight the mean noise.

As for my beloved camera... the store refused to even help me figure out if the problem is my camera or the USB cable. If its the cable, then I'd send THAT to Nikon and still have my camera to take photos (I would just wait TWO WEEKS unti I could download them.) So I still have no idea what is wrong with the camera. According to the Nikon guys and my descripton of the problem, they think it is the camera -- so all of you techy people out there: when I plug the USB cable in, the computer doesn't recognize that I've done that (usually a window pops up right away and asks what I'd like to do) I have to jiggle and wiggle it until the computer knows... and now after one day of wiggle the computer never recognizes my camera... all those lovely pictures captured in nowhere land! The connection feels loose.

PS: All the store had to do was plug it in with their own USB plug... if it worked, then my camera is fine and we need a new cable. they couldn't have been less willing to do that!

Allen is so cute!

We want to see more pictures of this little furry orangie!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

You didn't know???????
    WE LOVE ALLEN