Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its Our 21st Anniversary and Katie is 10 Months Old Today.

Its Our 21st Anniversary and Katie is 10 Months Old Today.

Today Alden and I are celebrating our 21st anniversary and Katie is also 10 months old today!

I can't believe that we have been married for 21 years. Sometimes it seems like we just got married yesterday and other times it seems like it was soooo long ago....lol. I guess you could say we were high school sweethearts. We've been together since we were 16 and 17 years old. WE got married when we were 18 and as my sister told me once. I was young, dumb and got very lucky. I agree! I have the best husband. Sure he can really tick me off sometimes but he ALWAYS makes me laugh. The past year has been very hard for us dealing with the cancer but he has been right there holding my hand and holding me tight when I would break down crying and Always Always making me laugh. When I was in the hospital for the 2 surgeries he was always right there being silly making me laugh when I was scared to death. After the 2nd surgery I had a rough time coming out of recovery. I wouldn't wake up and my breathing was getting bad. The recovery nurse couldn't get me to wake up and stay awake so she had Alden come back in the recovery room to keep me awake. I couldn't figure out why he was bothering me. He kept talking and talking and doing stupid stuff and making me chuckle. I just wanted to pass out so bad. I was getting so mad at him. One time I went under again and he pinched my nose and then he started flicking my nose. Talk about being mad! I didn't know until later that I was having a hard time coming out of the anesthesia and not breathing very well. I just don't know what I would do without him. Last year for our 20th Alden surpised me and we went to Key West and he super surprised me and gave me a new wedding ring set. It was so romantic and Key West was fabulous! Today is just going to be a low key day, no special plans. Alden did take the day off so we could do whatever we wanted so I'm sure we will get into something. I'm sorry for rambling on and I hope I didn't get too mushy but If you haven't figured it out. I just love that man with all my heart!!!!

Today Katie is 10 months old and she was a special gift that Alden bought for us to help us think about something else besides the cancer and she has been the best thing ever. Talk about great medicine. We love our little Katie girl! I already took her to the pet store yesterday and she got plenty of goodies to celebrate. I can't believe she will be 1 year old in a couple of months! Here is a couple pics I took of her yesterday.

Thanks for listening and I hope I didn't bore you all to death!

Robin

Happy Anniversary to you and Alden! And Happy 10 months to Katie. May today be everything you want it to be.

Happy Anniversary! You and Alden sound like a wonderful couple. And Happy 10 months day to Katie!

Enjoy your day.

Thank you Wolfie!

Happy Anniversary to you and Alden! What a wonderful accomplishment for you to be together that long AND to still be so in love.

And happy 10 month birthday to your beautiful Katie!

WW!! 21 years! Congrats!

Happy 10 Katie!

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a fun day, no matter what you do. I'm glad you realise how lucky you are. Too bad we didn't know each other last year. You could have visited.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Happy Anniversary!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day, your stories were wonderful, your husband sounds like a wonderful man!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Congratulations to both of you!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Thanks everyone!

Val, if I ever make it back to Florida again. I will definitely try to seek you out. I would love to meet you and Duke!

Robin

Bored by your story? Are you kidding? What a loving story for you to share with us. Sometimes we just forget what is really important in life and your story has helped to remind me.

I hope the three of you have a wonderful day just being together and enjoying each other.

Happy Anniversary! Could you give Katie a snuggle for me? She is so beautiful.

Bore me? No way. Your story deeply touched me, and I can just tell what a wonderful man Alden is through your words. I'm sure he would have equally wonderful words to share about you too.

What you described is real true love. I hope you two have a wonderful anniversary. Thank you for sharing that beautiful story of true love.

Oh! and of course happy 10-month birthday to dear, sweet, gorgeous Katie girl!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Wow! 21 years! I hope you an Alden have a wonderful anniversary. You're very special to me

Happy Birthday Katiedog.

(((hugs)))
    Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Congrats I know about those goofy guys I have one too . March 17 will be our 25th. dated 3 years before. I was 17 and people were very sceptical about it lasting. Had Clarissa 3 years later, then 22 month after that Ben arrived. We have a family rule HUMOR cures all bad things. It helped out when Tim went through his 2 cancer surgeries. Nurses just wouldn't leave his room they were enjoying the comady show we were putting on. (my family is a bit nutty)
    Have a wonderful day and enjoy each others company!

Happy Anniversary Robin and Alden!

Wishing you both a wonderful day!

And a Happy 10 month Birthday to you Beautiful Katie!

Happy Anniversary to you and Alden!! Sounds like you are both very lucky to have each other.

Flipping your nose?? How funny, that just sounded so cute, I could just picture that in my mind! Nooo you did not bore me with your story either. I love to hear stories about happy marriages, can't get enough of them.

Its nice to have somebody to make you laugh when you are feeling bad. Laughter is the best medicine, so Alden was great medicine for you.

Happy 10 months to Katie!

Have a great day!!

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!