Thread: Couple pictures I wanted to share :)

Couple pictures I wanted to share :)

One of my African violets is in bloom. The other day the sun was hitting it and it had kind of a sparkling look to it, just beautiful, so I tried to get a nice closeup shot of it. I think it turned out pretty nice.

The next one, towards evening I looked out and it was just snowing like crazy. I thought if I aimed the camera at the darker fir trees I might be able to capture how heavy the snow was coming down.

Ok I'll just throw one more in here, with the snow coming down. Tasha standing out in it. You can see all the birdie feeders and heated bird bath we have for them. Of course no birds in the picture since Tasha is out there

That's it!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh my goodness!!!! White stuff!!!! WOW! Its only been sort of cold here for a few days this winter - but nothing even close to snow! Most of the time it is sunny and warm. I'm jealous!

Gorgeous pics!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Lovely pictures! What kind of camera did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

.:. To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten it .:.

I love the picture of the African Violets, I love them. I just have to get me some more Violets, you made me want them again.

The snow, I am very jealous of. It snowed here Saturday night, it was coming down so nice and it looked like we were finally going to get a snow. Woke up the next morning, there was snow on the ground. Mind you it wasn't much, but I kept hoping that we would get some more. No such luck, the sun came out and melted it ALL.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Your African violet is beautiful!! And what great pictures of the outside, wish I had surroundings like that!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

this violet flower is awesome I love it

And those snow pics are great

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Thanks for the compliments .

Randi, one of the biggest reasons my husband and I fell in love with this house was the back yard. It truly is beautiful, both in summer and winter. You'd never guess we live right in town just by looking at the back yard.

Tray, I love African violets too. They are such beautiful plants and really are pretty easy to care for. I just put mine in a well-lit area and only water from the bottom every so often, maybe a bit more during blooming.

Kiia, my camera is a Sony Cyber-shot (model DSC-S75). It has been a wonderful camera and takes excellent closeups. We love to garden and I particularly like to photograph up close flowers and garden produce in the summer.

I'm admittedly a picture addict and love to photograph. I'm going to go ahead and share a few of my favorites from last summer

This is a closeup of a Borage blossom, an herb I grew for the first time last year:

These were called "Alaska mix" but I can't remember exactly what they are.. this I took with the morning dew still on them.

Some tiger lillies.

Peonies from out back.

Lilacs with a bumblebee

Butterfly on a coneflower leaf.

A zinnia blossom.

Butterflies on coneflowers.

Fall harvest of onions and a couple ornamental miniature pumpkins we grew. The one is supposed to be white.

Man, we got tons of snow here T-T

Those pictures are amazing O_O

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

From one fellow gardner to another, thanks for reminding me that Spring's not far off! Oh, what gorgeous shots! I have a large herb garden; the borage blossom is gorgeous, isn't it! The "Alaska" cultivar is a nasturtium. I use it a lot in my window boxes. I love the variegated leaves; so "fresh" looking! And peonies and lilacs....my favorites! I have a few varieties of lilacs, even one bicolor. But nothing compares to a double peony! Your's is magnificent! Beautiful yard, garden AND pups! How lucky can one girl get!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Originally posted by tatsxxx11
    The "Alaska" cultivar is a nasturtium.
    Yep! That's what it was, I could not think of the floral name. I grew them in a container garden on the deck for the first time last year and was very impressed and pleased by them! I was delighted with the Borage too, it just bloomed and bloomed and has the most unique look. The coneflowers are part of my "butterfly" garden, I have some butterfly weed, yarrow, rudbeckia and bee balm I started last year too back there.

Nothing says spring like the sweet scent of lilac in the air either! Just love them and love watching the bumbles gather pollen from them.

Both my husband and I love to garden and have more projects planned in the spring, I can't wait. I'm sure I'll have lots more pictures to share over the summer

Won't that be fun, sharing pics! Your garden sounds lovely....so many of my favorites, too! You must try a Buddleia in the butterfly garden if you haven't yet. The scent is beautiful, it blooms forever, attract tons of butterflies and makes a great backbone in the back of a large border/bed. One difference between your garden and mine...your's has a helper!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~