Thread: Beagle help...

Beagle help...

Me and my mom were driving home last week and a begal ran right in front of our car, we stopped just in time and when my mom opened the door to see if he was ok he jumped in our car. It was about 3 below that day, and we later found out that he had been out a couple of days. He had frost bite on his paws and was limping. We took him to my neighbors, in her extra room to get him warm and stuff. We found his owner later and found out that he was keeping him at the golf place htat he owned on our street. He's been leaving him there for a while. He said that he came everyday to let him out but it was really obvious that he didn't... there was poop everywhere and the place was practicaly destroyed (the golf place is closed for the winter). we had a snow storm later on for about four days, and I noticed that the drive to the golf place had not been plowed or visited, you couldn't even tell where the driveway was. I went and looked in the window and saw that he wa still there, we called the guy later and he said that we could take the dog, well now I have a little begal that I can't keep and my neighbors can't keep in their room much longer and I have no where for him to go! He is a four year old Begal, absoluty sweet!!! He is an incredible dog. He warmed right up to all of us and just loves to lay next to somebody!! The man told me that he was kicked very hard in the butt and has nerve damage, I believe that it's true because he seem to have a problem with going to the bathroom. He has been gone in the room a few times, he's pretty much fine but somebody has to let him out right away, I've noticed that when he's oging he doesn't even seem to know it. We haven't got to take him to the vet because me being 15... well I don't ahve the money and my parents can't afford it right now! So... lol unfortunatly this isn't a happy story! I really need to find somewhere for him to go but nobody wants him expecially because of his potty problems! If anyone has any information on someone in Michigan who can take him at least until finding a home, or a resuce place that can take him please let me know!! He needs a home or at least some foster parents for a while! If you need anymore information you can e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you very much! ~Jojo :0)

P.S. His name is Maxwell and he is an incredible dog!!! He is absoluty perfect except his one problem! He minds very well and is incredibly well behaved! He is just to awsome of a dog, and I realy don't want to see anything happen to him!!

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    I suggest that you phone your local animal services or contact local rescue groups to vsee if they can help you out.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Ditto.
    Call or E-Mail your local Beagle Rescue, or some rescue groups to see what they can do.

Poor baby boy

Thank you for helping him out, and getting him out of that horrible "home" he had. When that man said someone had kicked him in the butt, I wonder if he meant himself

I know there are a few people on here who are from Michigan, maybe they can point you in the direction of a beagle rescue in your area, or try just searching online for a beagle rescue or another shelter of some sort.

I could just cry--I love beagles sooooo much--I hope he finds a good forever home, and again, thank you so much for caring enough to help him out.
    Do you know if he has been neutered?

Please keep us updated on what happens.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Poor little baby, I wish he was close by. I would take him. I love little beagles!

Cincinnati (Help - the cats are Taking OVER!)
    Try contacting Sharon Kaiser of Last Chance Rescue in Howell Michigan. She has a soft spot for Beagles. 517/548-5720

Evelyn & Kitties: Chelsea, Punkin-Head Jones, Black Magic, SweetPea McGee, Anastasia - and Sascha, the dog

***Lots of pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/evelynblack