Thread: So quiet here lately....

So quiet here lately....

Is is the fear of the MyDoom-worm that keeps people away?

Noticed there's less traffic as usual in this forum.

Kirsten

I get less e-mails too. Mydoom may be part of it. On the other hand Fridays are like that. Some are busy and others more than quiet

I'm here! I think most (lucky) people leave work early on Fridays and aren't at their computers. I've been checking in periodically throughout the day though. Have a great weekend everyone!

It does look like its been quite here today. I just got home. My parents are in poor health and I had to go take care of them today. I've hired someone to help me but she had to be off today.

On a cat note, I got to see my parent's cat Miss Kitty. She's a real pet hog. She can't get enough petting and will reach out and grab your hand to pet her. She's pretty entertaining.

From Decker with Love

I've also noticed it's been pretty quiet, I think on the whole site. I thought it was just me. I'm glad you guys noticed it too.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

*BLUSH*...you got me...

On one hand it is due to this nut, who has installed that darn worm on the net...on the other hand I've recently started to work on a new writing project, which seems to be a time killer par excellence...

But I always try to keep on track...don't worry, Kirsten!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

With all the nasty storms around here lately and work (I am a teacher) just starting up again I am usually not present in the earlier part of the year.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Perhaps it's because all the kitties were away on the Cruise, so their mommies and daddies haven't had much to post about!

Originally posted by Karen
    Perhaps it's because all the kitties were away on the Cruise, so their mommies and daddies haven't had much to post about!
    You're probably right about that!

Kirsten

I'm here! (finally) My husband has hogged the computer all morning trying to register his resume on the various sites each of the different school districts in the area request... one wants you to post your resume here, the other there... you should see the questions they ask! Then my daughter was hogging it to do her spanish project.

Geeesh - you'd think this was a family computer or something! Oh it is? Hmmm.

I've heard about the mydoom virus and already ran the search for it and so far so good. But I thought it could only infect your computer if you clicked on an attachement that had it... could an imagestation picture do that?

But I'm also glad that you mentioned it because I've noticed it was a bit slow for the past few days. But fear not, got some good pictures to download off the camera and post of -guess who- Pouncer but will most likely get around to it tomorrow... especially if the computer hogs return!

Originally posted by catnapper

I've heard about the mydoom virus and already ran the search for it and so far so good. But I thought it could only infect your computer if you clicked on an attachement that had it... could an imagestation picture do that?

I don't think the virus is in picture files, this is from symantec.com:

W32.Mydoom.B@mm is a mass-mailing worm that arrives as an attachment with the file extension .bat, .cmd, .exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip.

Kirsten

Originally posted by Kirsten
    I don't think the virus is in picture files, this is from symantec.com:

W32.Mydoom.B@mm is a mass-mailing worm that arrives as an attachment with the file extension .bat, .cmd, .exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip.

Kirsten
    FYI: I checked out microsoft.com and they said to do a search on your computer for the file named ctfmon.dll - I don't know anything else

I keep trying to update my virus software but they say its complete and up to date, but every morning I get a pop-up that says "your virus protection needs to be updated." Urrggghhh! I sooo am not a computer guru and never will be! It took me a week to fix the blaster worm (which I was so proud of myself once done!)

I think I might go into serious PT withdrawl if my computer goes down!

Originally posted by catnapper
    FYI: I checked out microsoft.com and they said to do a search on your computer for the file named ctfmon.dll - I don't know anything else

I keep trying to update my virus software but they say its complete and up to date, but every morning I get a pop-up that says "your virus protection needs to be updated." Urrggghhh! I sooo am not a computer guru and never will be! It took me a week to fix the blaster worm (which I was so proud of myself once done!)

I think I might go into serious PT withdrawl if my computer goes down!
    Thanks for letting me know 'bout that dll-file, I didn't know that. Searched for it but I don't have it.

Your virus-software is acting really strange, which one do you use?

Kirsten

Kirsten, I was thinking the same thing and I was beginning to wonder if there was a problem with my computer! I have to say I'm glad it's quiet as it gives me a chance to read and catch up - sometimes there are SO many posts to read that I could spend all day logged on and not get anything else done!
    JulieG

Just wanted to check in. I know I've been rather scarce over the last week or so, and that will probably continue this week. School has been keeping me busy with a couple of tough subjects, but hopefully that'll ease up soon - although we have 3 chapters to read and work on this week....3!

So I just wanted to say that everybody's kitties are adorable. I'm still checking in, just don't have time to respond to all the cuteness here.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl