Thread: does your calico like to meow?

does your calico like to meow?

Hi, I was reading the posts today about Sheba the sweet calico cat. I live with a sweet calico princess named Julie. I will paste a link where you can see her picture:

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=681543

One person wrote that all the calicos she has seen were a little "pudgy"--well, I would not call Julie pudgy but she is a little on the heavy side (just like me unfortunately {;-)

Julie is also a great talker! She keeps me so much company. I always tell her, "You have so much to say and only one word to say it with!" Well, actually, she can say a lot with that one word "meow" which comes out in all sorts of forms...

She does not lick me, though she is very affectionate in every other way!

Do those of you who have calico friends, find that they share some of these traits in common?

In closing let me say that when Julie came into my life, one of my Russian friends said that "three-colored (calico) cats bring luck." That has certainly been true for me with Julie...Many things in my life have changed for the better since I met her!
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

My calico Munchkin, Shortie, doesn't have the "normal" meow. She sounds like a newborn baby crying. I'm not sure if it's a trait of the Munchkin breed or just her. But ya gotta love her!!!
    Last edited by moosmom; 02-04-2004 at 10:13 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Our calico, Ginger, is very chatty. She has distinct meows for every situation. She also has a lovely singing voice - very operatic.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Mitzi isn't very talkative, but she does have a wide variety of sounds she makes when she does meow. The cutest is a little "who-hee" mrrp'ing sound she makes when she wants treats. She's also very, er, um .... plush!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Yes, both Muskrat and Lizette are vocal; more so than my other non-calico/tortie kitties. Muskrat is QUITE the yapper, and Lizette is more subtle with her vocalizations. They both have petite, lithe builds and I can't imagine either girl ever having a weight problem. Lizette even has 24 hr. access to dry food yet apparently does not overindulge.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

One of our cat's Tiger has a high pitch but cute meow.

Our cat Coco is an angel-devil. She can be so nice, but she'l turn into a devil if she wants. She is on the plump side. Coco has a baby meow too, like "awrrr" in a soft voice.

Our Ginger loves to chat. She has a different meow for each occasion.

I wanted to show my Calico, she is a sweet little lady, and yes, she is on the pudgy side at 20+ pounds. She is not very vocal, all she does is chirp, but never meows. She is a motor when she purrs, she is very loud when it comes to purring. I rescued her from certain death after her "owner" became sick and had to go to the hospital.She was feral, one of a litter that was adopted by hotel workers. When the hotel closed, and her owner/caretaker became sick, she was left homeless. She ventured into a trap put out by exterminating workers. I let her go, and the next morning I took her home. I think she was an AdvoCat. Advocats are a human group that cares for feral cats in Hawaii by trapping and neutering and spaying and then letting them go.They also find parents for any newborns and watch and feed the feral colonies. Sweetie did not get trapped in an Advocat trap,she was caught by an exterminating company trying to rid the grounds of feral cats. Sweetie is dear and I love her very much.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lat192004; 03-21-2004 at 10:36 PM.

Tiger with the high meow. Still cute.
    Sock's with the cute meow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

HI!
    My Calico does not meow.. she chirps.
    She is a little on the peculiar side which I have always been told that Calicos are in a class by themselves.

Blessings,
    MommaCat

Originally posted by MommaCat
    HI!
    My Calico does not meow.. she chirps.
    She is a little on the peculiar side which I have always been told that Calicos are in a class by themselves.

Blessings,
    MommaCat
    Calicos seem to be different. My calico is very independent, with a real attitude. When she had the "wild crazies" as a kitten it was a riot to watch.

SHadow has always been Pecuiliar... a sweetheart but pecuilair.

Blessings,
    Momma Cat

my cat Stormy is a Calico mix. she doesnt seem to meow much. exsept when shes outside and shes looking for me. lol. shes a little pudgy (as u can see in my sig).

RIP Stormy
    RIP Sky