Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luna is sick

Luna is sick

Some of you might know they have found clostridia in her colon, which again and again have caused diarrhea. Since last summer, Luna is having problems with this from time to time.

She already had one antibiotic, and it got better for a while, but then she started to occasionally have lose stool again. According to the vet, this kind of bacteria isn't easy to treat, so Luna got another antibiotic now. Strange thing is that now, that she is taking it for 4 days, the diarrhea got even worse. So I'm wondering if she cannot tolerate the new meds.

I brought her to the vet today, and for the time being, she's supposed to continue with the meds. She got an injection and I've got a diet food for her, and I hope this will help her.

Could be that this very bad form of diarrhea doesn't even come from the bacteria, it could be some kind of stomach flu or something like that. Well, time will tell, but I hope Luna can finally get rid of these germs once and for all!

Kirsten

Poor Luna. You've certainly had a bad time with this. I know my Speckles gets really bad runs when she's on antibiotics. Prayers on the way for speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

A spoon full of plain yogart once a day keeps good bateria in their tummys in check.
    100% pumpkin filling a spoon full a day will help bind the potty and stop diarreha.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Thanks slick! I'm sorry to hear Speckles has to deal with these things when on antibiotics!

Craftlady, that sounds like a real good advice! I'm going to get some yogurt tomorrow. Thanks!

Kirsten

Poor Luna I hope she feels better soon.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I hope Luna feels better real soon.

I forgot to mention, get the "fat free" plain yogart. It doesnt pack the lbs on our kittys.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Nothing to add, I just wanted to say that I hope that Luna feels better soon. Poor little girl.

Give her some love for me and I will keep her in my thoughts.

Don't feel alone Joey threw up again last night and did not eat very much tonight. I am hoping that this was just a short term thing and we are not going to revisit Thanksgiving and Christmas.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

I'm sorry to hear that Luna is sick again. Please get well soon Luna. Hopefully the new meds will help and the yogurt will help her tolerate the new meds. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Please take care.

Oh poor Luna ... I hope her tummy gets all better soon!
    Hang in there, Kirsten ... I know how hard it is to see them have upset tummies!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Originally posted by Craftlady
    I forgot to mention, get the "fat free" plain yogart. It doesnt pack the lbs on our kittys.
    LOL, oh yes, she has enough lbs already!
    Do you think cat yogurt will work also? It's lactose-reduced.

CatDad, I'm sorry to hear Joey has upset his tummy. Hopefully he'll feel better soon!

Even though Luna got a shot yesterday, she still has diarrhea. This is the first time the injection hasn't helped immediately. I'm really starting to believe she cannot tolerate the new meds. Called the vet this morning and was told to continue with the meds today, but when there's still no improvement, I'm getting new ones tomorrow.

Also, her butt seems to be itching. I saw her "walking" in a sitting position this morning, rubbing her butt on the carpet. Guess her butt is only sore from the diarrhea, but if it doesn't stop, she has to go back to the vet to be checked for worms or anal glend infection... My poor girl!

Thanks everyone,
    Kirsten

Poor Luna. Hope she gets better soon.

Sorry to hear this has flared up again. Poor Luna.
    I certainly hope you start to see an improvement soon.

Poor Luna, no fun at all.

Sorry to hear Luna feeling so poorly. I hope the treatment will help soon. If her butt iches, try wiping it with a damp cloth, it may help.

Get better, sweet Luna!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.