Thread: Please Read Need Help!

Please Read Need Help!

HI, I AM HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE. THERE HAS BEEN A CAT COMING TO MY BASEMENT DOOR I DONT KNOW WHAT GENDER IT IS BUT I WANT HER TO JOIN MY FAMILY BUT EVERYTIME I TRY TO OPEN MY DOOR TO HER/HIM SHE RUNS DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS I GIVE HER/HIM FOOD EVERYDAY BY LEAVING IT OUTSIDE AND SHE DOENT HAVE A OWNER BECAUSE SHE HAS NO COLLAR... I NEED SOME HELP FOR MAKING HER FEEL COMFORTABLE ENOUGH TO COME IN MY HOUSE
    DOES SHE/HE LOOK HEALTHY??
    DOES SHE/HE LOOK LIKE A KITTEN OR CAT
    DOES HE OR SHE LOOK LIKE A GIRL OR BOY
    PLEASE GIVE ME A TIP ANYONE
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Catboy123; 01-24-2004 at 06:58 PM.

I would take the kitty to get checked up at the vet before introducing it to your kitties. You can't really tell if a kitty is healthy by just looking at it and you don't want to risk your kitties getting sick. By looking at the picture it is more likely a male, most orange kitties are male. I'm not really sure on the percentage, but I know that more than half of orange kitties are male.. but it's still possible that kitty could be a girl.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

You may have trap him or her, see if your local shelter or SPCA has a safe trap you can borrow and bait with his/her favorite food. When kitty is safely in the trap, bring him/her to the vet ...

Are you sure it doesn't have an owner? How long has it been coming around? Not every cat owner puts collars on their cats ...

yes it doesnt have a owner because i ask every one in my neighborhood and they say that every day they see the cat run in ythe wood and only comes out to steal food or take the food we give her... she has beeen coming around for 2 months. she talks with my cats when she comes. where do you get a trap

From the picture I would say this is a male cat, not a kitten. If you look closely, it seems his lower lip may be a bit swollen and he seems to have a bit of fur missing from his nose.
    I would definitely NOT let him near your cats at this time. If you are truly wanting to keep this cat, then I would suggest that each time you put food out, bring it a little closer to the basement door and if you can, just bend down and watch him eat. Talk to him in a soothing voice. You have to gain his trust first. Once that is established, take it from there. Be patient, it may take time.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

You should try to take the cat to the vet, to make sure it's healthy before he/she meets your cats. There's also a chance the cat has an ID chip, so let the vet check that too.
    Good luck!

You mainly just have to have patience. I've tamed a few cats, but it took months. I just kept feeding them, and getting closer and closer eachtime. I also let them know that it was feeding time in a soothing voice, so that overtime, they'd learn to recognize my voice.

I agree with everyone else, use caution around your cats. He can be diseased. Oh, and don't do what I did with one wild cat...tried to catch it with my bare hands. I still have scars to from that one. lol.

Thank you Wolfie!