Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Good Thoughts for Bob and Joey(CatDad too)

Some Good Thoughts for Bob and Joey(CatDad too)

Well the time has come to take my babies to the vet for teeth cleanings. The vet has been watching it for a few years with Bob and said that it was probably a good idea for both of them. She said that she held off for as long as she could but the time has come.

We go tomorrow morning. I need good thoughts because getting Joey into that carrier is not the easiest thing to do. I have the battle scars to prove it. I am getting better at it howerver, we get less chasing every time. I think that will be the most tramatic part of the trip. Joey was just starting to eat in the kitchen again too. Darn it.

Well Joey will get over this too, each time she has to go she gets over being scared a little faster. I think that she is starting to realize that this is really her home and even though I take her to that nasty place she always gets to come back.

I am also waiting to see haow Bob reacts to not having food all night. This is going to be fun.

I am also having thier nails trimmed. Trying to get it all done at once. I was joking with the vet tech that usually does Bobs nails, that it will be the easiest trim that she has ever done on Bob.

I know that everything will be fine. However, I think that a few extra good thoughts are always a good idea for stuff like this.

Well that is about it. I promise to post some picture tomorrow. I actually have the day off, yea for me.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Bryan, you have my complete sympathy!!! Butter is a nightmare to get into the carrier!!

We've had his teeth cleaned once, and just tonight, I was noticing that he has horrible "kitty breath", once again, so it is probably time to have it done again. Mimi has only had it done once in her 14+ years. She has grown up on dry food, and still eats it, but I guess at this point, her teeth are what they are going to be and I won't put her through the anesthesia again.

Hope Bob and Joey (and you) will survive tomorrow!!!

Logan

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Good thoughts going your way that your two come through with flying colors - and dazzling white teeth!

The hard part is keeping them away from food and water after midnight; it's even more difficult in the morning before you take them in -- they will torture you, looking up at you pitifully with those eyes that no cat guardian can say no to trying to convince you that you are starving them to death.

At least you're doing them both at the same time, so you won't have the experience I had with having to starve two cats twice. Instead of starving cats, your wallet may be a bit emptier

And the nail trimming - I had them do Mishi's too while he was knocked out -- easiest time they've ever had with him.

I'm sure they'll both be fine!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Best of luck to you, Bob and Joey! I'm sure everything will be fine, and you will ALL be happy to be back home when it's all said and done!!! GOOD THOUGHTS COMING YOUR WAY! Oh, and ENJOY your day OFF!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Good luck with the kitties.

My Kitties Are Love!

Find out what it means to me!

Pet Carriers?

I don't understand cats that are afraid of their carriers. I raise all mine to sleep in them anytime they want, keeping their favorite blanket and toys in there and keep them where they can nap in there anytime they want. If it is only a "box" that is used when they have to go to the vet, of coarse they are scared of them but if you leave it where they can get into them anytime and tempt them into getting in them with treats, toys and such and they see they can go in and out, having their own "private" place, then they get use to it. MY rule here is when they are in them, NOBODY is allowed to mess with them! I could post countless pictures of Chester in his or Gizzy in hers. My babies love them and are all to ready to get into them when I pick them up and set it down in the middle of the floor. In fact, Gizzy went along for the ride with Amy to the vet the other day because she refused to get out of it! To them, that is their very own room, as it should be!
    Chester in his

Amy in hers

And by the way, I ALWAYS belt mine into the car with the seat belt since they are precious cargo!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Will be thinking of all three of you for the big day. {{{hugs and big treats for Bob and Joey when it's all over!}}}
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Positive thoughts coming your way for the vet visit. I'm sure all will go well. Enjoy your day off!!

More positive thoughts are on their way... Good luck at the vet's!

Kirsten

Best thoughts on their way.

Filou and Tigris have had their tooth cleaned before (Filou needs it every one and a half year ). I agree with Redhedd: the worst thing is the night before -for you more than for the cats (most of the PT kitties are not really threatened by a night with no food).

Anyway I also am always nervous before -but they feel better after that (the first time Filou had started to become grumpy because of his tooth problems and bleeding gingiva) and they smell much better when they kiss you

Will keep good thoughts for today.
    Butterscotch come to find out when we took the gang to Skinny's vet that he has teeth issues. Oue old vet never mentioned this problem. Our new vet wants me to try to brush them and see what results I can get. Since I was a dental asst years back I laughed and commented this should be interesting.

Anyone have any success? I've got to make a trip to PetSmart and get supplies. Unfortunately, the store is 25 mile one-way trip with the weather being bad this weekend guess we will try for next weekend to make the trip.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Lots of thoughts to the cats with their teeth cleaning.

I think out of all my 15 cats, only 1 (possibly 2) hate it. That is because they EAT in their carriers.
    So to them CARRIER = FOOD !!!

An Bryan, I am glad that you stated that "Each time Joey has to go into thr carrier she recovers from the trauma faster". I have always believed this and am using this exact argument to try to de-sensitize a couple of foster cats. It's kinda like tough love and it's nice to know that other people have the same experience.

Good Luck Bob and Joey!! It will all be over soon and you'll be back home in no time!!
    Bryan your torture is about to begin!! First you have to suffer through those pathetic looks about no food, then the trauma of getting them in their carriers. You would think that would be the worst of it but it's not. Now you have to wait and worry!! You know they wil be ok, but there is always worry in the back of your mind. You just cant wait to get them home.
    Finally they are home! Now they won't hardly speak to you for a couple of days!!! *sigh*
    Gotta love em!!

Well - today's the big day! Let us know how nobly they fought the carriers.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Best of luck to you! Logan hates the carrier, but Zam will go in willingly if I toss in some treats. LOL!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June