Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Good Thoughts for Bob and Joey(CatDad too)

Thank you to all, for the nice words and good thoughts. It does help.

Well, they are at the vet.

The Joey, as expected, did not want to go. Can you blame her? I only have a few wounds, and only one wound that bled this time. We also didn't play chase around the house, although she did try. I was just a little faster this time.

Bob, didn't put up a fight, which is usual. I put on his harness and off we went. He complains in the car and that is about it.

So overall it wasn't a horrible experience. I still feel a little traumatized though. Now the worst part, waiting for them to come home. The house just isn't the same without them. Like I have said I know that it will be OK, but I still worry.

Everyone was right, the worst part is not being able to give them treats. Every time I walked into the kitchen there they were staring at me. Bob has a really good pathetic, I'm hungry look. It broke my heart, because he really loves to eat. However, I held strong, it is for thier own good.

I will let everyone know how they are later today when they get home.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Aw, Bryan, they will soon be home where they belong.

The part I hate is when Rascal tries and tries to tell me he is hungry - and just cannot understand why I am so stupid to not get what he is saying.

Give me some advise on this please!

Amy has to go in to be "fixed" next week.. She too, can not eat. If I don't leave food out for them at night, they wake me up in the wee hours wanting to eat! Do you shut the one up in a room where it crys all night alone? Or do you let them all go hungry until you get her out of the house? What would YOU do??

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh no! Don't shut them up in a room all alone and starving! Let them be hungry and thirsty but be sure to give them extra lovies and let them know that they are special and you will make it up to them when they return from the white coats.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I agree, with RedHedd. Leave them all out and take up the food. It won't hurt them to be without for 12 hours or so and you can give them love that way and the routine is more normal. The others can eat as soon Amy has left for her 'visit'.

Well I have vacuumed including Joey's part of the closet, cleaned there litter boxes and the water fountain, brushed off there post, cleaned the bathroom, and I am almost done with the laundry. I am running out of things to do. I don't sit still and wait well, does it show.
    Bob & Joey,

Glad it went off fairly well, with little blood loss! Bless your heart, you are such a worried Dad.... it will be JUST FINE!!! Hey, as long as you are looking for things to do while waiting, would you mind cleaning MY house!!!!????

Hang in there ... your babies will be home, and please do keep us updated!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

would you mind cleaning MY house
    ummmm
    and MINE too???

Thanks for the smile you two. I needed that.

If you lived just a bit closer I would probably consider it at this point.

Well, since I am looking for something to do I think I will gather up some pictures and post them.

Hopefully I will hear something in the next couple of hours.
    Bob & Joey,

To Laura: you'll have to accept that sleep won't be the same when the cats are hungry. But it's just one night - and the next night everyone will be ok. Of course I don't have the heart to feed one and let the other starve!

To Bryan: my kítties are only on a virtual cruise and I miss them already. How shouldn't you miss them when they are away in purrson!

Everything will be just fine

Thanks

I was really wondering how I should do that, they do get insistant when they are hungry, don't they? Chester usually just sits by his food bowl and looks at it, looks at me, looks at it, looks at me, and you can almost hear that paw going "tap,tap,tap,tap"!

By the way Dad, let us know soon as you hear anything... if it takes to long you can come clean mine too... Or come rock Amy!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Ok, being an overly anxious father, I called the vet since I had not heard from them.

They both came through fine. Bob is still a little out of it and so would like to keep an eye on him, they told me to come down and get them at 5.

So only a couple of hours and I can go get them. YEA!!

I do miss them, I find myself glancing at there normal spots expecting them to be there. Oh well, all will be OK in a couple of hours.

I am pretty sure that you do not mind. However, I just wanted to say Thank you for putting up with my constant updates.
    Bob & Joey,

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Don't mind at all. Thanks for the updates. Mishi was worse than Mitzi - he looked stoned and was out of it the whole evening after, wouldn't talk, wouldn't eat; just slept and gazed off into the ozone with a very dazed look in his HUGE eyes It was kinda funny, although I worried about him losing his voice. Mitzi bounced into the apartment and immediately demanded food and wanted to play. They're so different sometimes.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Bob and Joey are HOME!!!!

The babies are home and all is well in the house again!

I went and picked them up and it was actually not that bad of a price considering I had 2 kitties done. Still not cheap, but better then I had imagined. Joey being her normal scared self and was very subduded, she is getting a good reputation at the vet. Bob on the other hand was a brat. He was hissing at anyone who walked by his cage. He is not getting good marks for maners at the vet. They made me go to the back and get him, no one wanted to get bit. I can understand that. He was fine with me.

Joey is fine if a little freaked out. Still she did not run straight to her closet. She hid under the futon, which is her place to eat when she is kind of scared. However, as I was writting she came down and said hi. I know that it does not sound like much, but believe me it is huge. I know she will not let me approach her yet, but the fact that she is out and about is really great.

Bob is out and not acting mad at all. He demanded food right away, but that is Bob. He sounds a little funny. So I called the vet and they said that it was due to the tube that they have to use during surgery to help them breathe. They said that is may last up to a couple of days, but that if he still sounds funny on Monday to call them.

Last, but definately not least, I just wanted to say thank you again, for everything. It always help to have someone else there and the good thoughts helped I am sure.
    Bob & Joey,

CatDad,
    I just saw this whole thread!!!! I am so glad to hear Bob and Joey are happy, healthy, and smiling whitely, after their trip to the vets.

OMG!!!!!

Joey just came down and sat one me while I was on the couch!

Doing the happy dance. I am really glad that I am home alone.

So I guess I am fogiven. I am sure that she will be a little more skittish then normal, for a while at least. However, she has NEVER been out and about this fast after a visit to the vets. She has also, never gotten that close to me after comming home.

Sorry this is just so GREAT!!! I had to share.

The Bob has fogiven me too, but that was not really a worry for me. We had to brush his ruff out because I guess he drooled all over himself while he was comming out from the effects of the drugs. My special drooling boy.
    Bob & Joey,