Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: A website for the Pet Talkers (Please read!)

A website for the Pet Talkers (Please read!)

As already discussed here, I have started working on a photo page for the Pet Talk people, a place where members can share photos of themselves. There's been a lot of talk lately that it would be nice to know the faces behind the usernames, so I thought it would be a good idea to have a place where we have them all together!

Now this is the result, and I hope you like it: http://www.pettalkers.de.vu
    (Okay, the page is very simple at this point, we'll see how will develope in the future... )

So far I have added the photos of those who have agreed to be on that page, and I took the photos from the thread mentioned above. If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know!

You will see that the pet names are missing under some photos, this is because not everyone has them in their siggy, and I don't know them all. But it's no problem to add the missing info if you let me know!

I did some changes to the size of the pictures, and some of them are smaller than others. I had no other choice because they came in a lower resolution and making them bigger would only result into a very blurry effect, and I couldn't do that.

BTW, being on this page is absolutely voluntary, and in case somebody who's already on there might get objections, I will remove the photo, it's no problem.

To those who still want to be added: You can either post your picture here or email it to me.

Kirsten

Very nice ... I like it! Maybe once there are several pages, you can make an Index page where we can search for a particular person and click right to their page?

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Yes, I could do that one day, but that's a lot of work, so I thought I'd better wait and see how the entire project developes.

Kirsten

I think it looks great!! I hope people send in their cat names so we can put them all together. Good job Kirsten!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

Kirsten

I understand! I don't think you would have room to list all of my kitties!!!

You can list me as a mom to many as well!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I will get my newest picture to you as soon as I remember to pick it up at the photographer's! (I was suppose to do it while I was out today, but I forgot) Charlie and I have it done every year.

May I make a comment. Please take no offense. I think smaller pictures might work a bit better because you'd be able to see more at one time. Another sight I go to sometimes, has a photo gallery for its members and they use almost thumbnail pictures and it looks real nice!

But even if the majority do not agree with the above comment, it looks like it will be very nice.

p.s. Here is a link to that website gallery
    http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/gallery.php

Hey Kim, How many cats do you have? I mean the ones that you intend to keep forever. I know you have fosters and that number can vary. Well, the number of keepers can vary too, HUH!!! Maybe I should just forget this question!!

Great idea!
    I'll send pictures (I didn't put them in the "faces" thread because everybody has just seen me last week flirting with Filou.

Jen, I think I will combine your's and Kim's suggestion. I could put thumbnail pictures of everybody's face on the front page and link from there to the big photo/additional info.

Kirsten

Originally posted by Kirsten
    Jen, I think I will combine your's and Kim's suggestion. I could put thumbnail pictures of everybody's face on the front page and link from there to the big photo/additional info.

Kirsten
    That sounds PUURRRRR-fect. Now I need to go pick up my pictures....heehee

Kirsten,

What a great site!! Now if I can only teach MooShoo to use the digital camera, I could get a picture of myself and send it to you.
    *Sigh* oh well

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Donna, check your owners manual because more than likely you have a "delay" setting on your camera. It's one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century. Terry and I use it all the time, and that's how I got the pics of me and T & P. There is usually a setting for the flash, and then another one for the timer. Just put it on timer, click the button, quickly grab a cat or two and *SNAP* Mooshoo just took a pic!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Kirstin... this is absolutely fantastic!!!! Thank you!

Kirsten,

I don't mind if you include me in the website, but please use the new pictures I posted in the thread called Weekend Photo Session (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...threadid=42205). Thanks for doing this, it looks great!