Thread: To Siamese/Oriental Short-Haired cat lovers

To Siamese/Oriental Short-Haired cat lovers

Maybe you can help with a project being conducted by friends of One By One. Their website is:
    Meezer Pleasers Siamese cat rescue
    Here is part of an e-mail about a large scale rescue:

We will be pulling the remaining OSH [Orientsl Short Hair] (some have already been moved to safety) out of the home in MD this coming weekend.

All of the cats are spayed/neutered, utd on vax & are free of aids/leuk.
    However...there are other bacterial and viral infections that they are either shedding and /or displaying symptoms of and will have to be treated with antibiotics. These will have to be in strict isolation from other cats until we are certain that they are disease free.

They are 2-4 years in age. A lot of them are pointed & in addition there are reds/ebonies/chestnuts & bi-colors. We are lining up the foster homes. I have a running count of at the very least 20 OSH, but there may be more. As of last night there were NO cats euthanized to date. That was COMPLETE misinformation.

In addition to fosters we will need donations of medicine: clavamox, baytril, sub-q fluids & panacur. I think we are pretty set on canned and dry food, but surplus wouldn't be turned down!

If you are presently an approved foster home, then please get back to me on what available space you have.

If you are not a foster, but would like to, please contact us for an application.

Now, I would not presume to ask for donations, especially since everyone was so generous with my One By One fund raiser, but if Siamese or Orientals are dear to your heart, maybe you would choose to help.

Thanks for listening.

Hey Jen,

Check your PM's.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Jen, does Clavamox have an expiration date? I found a ton of it from when Nicki had an infection a few years ago... if it doesn't... it's not much, but I'd love to forward it to the rescue.

Not sure but BOY will I find out!!! That would be great! (I know you love the meezers!)
    p.s. Is it tablets or the powder that mixes with water to form a liquid?

tablets still in the bubbled/foil package

Catnapper,

Clavamox pills have no expiration date. The powder has a shelf life of 10 days once it's mixed with water.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I was told that an elderly Maryland couple just kept buying purebred cats.. there are Ocicats too.
    It got out of hand!!
    All the cats are purebred and papered, altered and will be brought up to date on vacs...but they are sick with URI!

I love them meezers!

I wish they had meezer rescue in Aus because it would be my first port of call when I have a house big enough to allow a foster or two...

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

May I ask.........Did anyone try to use the paypal on their site? I cannot get it to work for me.