Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dachshunds are Dandy!!

Dachshunds are Dandy!!

Hey guys! And sorry for my corny language (dandy, does anyone ever use that word anymore?) Anyway,I own two dachsunds, Nicky and Lexi. Nicky is overweight but still adorable. Thanks to my other thread, he isn't aggresive anymore (for the past 3 or 4 weeks anyhow) He does this trick where he balances on his booty ( ) I try to get some pics another time. He is a tough guy but a softie at heart. He is 5 years old now and a brown dachsund. Actually, Nicky and I have the same birthday. Lexi is a mini but has a big heart. She is a sweetheart. She isn't the quickest pup around but she's a cutie. The has a story to tell. Lexi was the runt of the littler and was born with a heart murmur. She was actually only supposed to live a month or two. She was living with us for about 2 months when she got awfully sick. She couldn't walk, couldn't move. We went to the vet and said that he wanted to keep here there overnight and we agreed. When she came back, she was wrose than before! Now she had a terrible tough. We were about a week away from putting her to sleep when my mom took a big risk. She wiped all Lexi's pills and treatments and threw them away. She said from there on, Lexi's fate was up to God. Luckily, God gave us a miracle. Lexi lived! She is as active as a pup now at 2 and a half years old. She's a survivor! Anyway, How about some stories about your doxies!!!

Hi! I am new here and I saw this post and just had to reply! Pupgirl, I would love to see some pics of your doxies, do you have any to show off? I am so glad that your Lexi lived! I would hate to have to deal with that, I can't imagine how awful it must have been.

I too own dachshunds and I think they are great! Mine are Claire and Rebel. I co-own a third mini doxie named Molly. All three are actually minis but Claire is only 7 months old right now, but should be mini when 1 year as she is still only around 7.5 lbs. I love dachshunds and one day hope to at least show dachshunds. I want to help better the breed and do all I can in the process as far as for rescue and so on.

Well, here are some pics of my little doxies! (Rebel and Claire)
    First is Rebel...

Next is Claire...
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

Next is Claire...
    [/B]
    What a pretty Doxie! What kind is she?? I LOVE her markings!!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Hey Brandy! I know you from Paw Talk, don't I?

CountryWolf07-Thank you so much! Claire is a chocolate and tan dapple dachshund, she's the greatest, lol. I just adore her! So nice to meet you by the way!

micki76-Yes, I am on Paw-Talk too! So great to see you here, as if I'm not addicted to enough message boards! Oh and what's your name on there? lol!!! I love talking and chating with animal lovers!
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

That's pretty cool! My mom's cousin has TWO doxies, by the way - Snickers and Tootsie. One is red and long haired and the other one is black/tan, smooth-hair. They just recently had puppies.. it was an accident, but she sold them to good homes, of course. (FREE).. I saw them.. they were so adorable. I wanted one so bad.. LOL
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Awww I bet the pups were cute, I know how accidents can happen sometimes, did she get them neutered? My father breeds dachshunds and it is his love! He has about a litter every other year or so. He has two little pups right now, they are adorable! I love to help my dad with his dogs, he wants to start up a rescue but he says he's too old.
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

Yep, she got the male neutered. No more pups anymore. That's cool about your dad breeding pups.. Must be fun.

Yeah, he loves it! He has most of his dogs as pets only a few of them are even intact. He just adores these little stinkers! lol I've had the joy of being brought up by dachshunds, hahaha! I've had at least one since I was old enough to walk.
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

Claire is soo pretty! And so is Rebel!

Dapple Doxie? What's that?

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

You mean my user name? Dapple is a pattern on dachshunds. Claire is a dapple, chocolate and tan dapple. I love dapples, they are sooo cute! hehe
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

my dachy Otis:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

OMG Otis is a brindle! I want a brindle doxie soooo bad! I would get one now, I just feel like I don't have enough room in my one bedroom apartment! He is soooo cute! Got any more pics of him? Oh I am so glad you shared that pic!
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*

... ottis
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Doxies

Oh what beautiful puppies!! I have a miniature long haired doxie named Drake!! He is the love of my life!!! (just don't tell my husband that!)
    Lori Green!

Drake and Jake 2004
    Jacob 4-20-04
    Drake 1-11-03