Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collections

Collections

I just want to know what people collect?

For me its rare and unusual cat statuettes and My Little Pony.

I also collect books from Sci fi authors I like as well (700 books and counting)

So fess up what does everyone collect
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Small change

I hate shrapnel clanging around in my wallet. I also collect cute pictures from Pet Talk, clothing, rocks and stamps (though my rock and stamp collections are at my Mum's house)

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

I collect little boxes. I received my first little box from my grandmother when I was about 14. (am 49 now) It is gold and lined with red velvet - a little jewelry box. Now I have many, many little boxes from all over the world. Stone boxes, alabaster, olive wood, Wedgewood, Kaiser, Villeroy & Boch, Limoges, cork, enamel, crystal...just many special little trinket boxes from my children and friends and each one holds a story I even have a tiny kitty box with a mouse inside!

I collect fur! I have tons of it and I use it in different ways. I like to have at least two or three good size wads stuck on my clothing before I go to work. I especially like it when you turn on the ceiling fan and you make fur snow! It just falls from the sky! I am partial to the ones that collect in the corners and when you walk by they become little tumbleweeds just rolling across the floor. *sigh*
    Ok, sorry about that! I was just thinking about what I have the most of and that came to mind. I love so many things that it would be hard to say that I collect one thing. My hubby would tell you that I collect fabric. I guess it's true. I love to piece quilts and I love to hoard fabric. I don't have time to anything with it but there is some comfort in knowing that it's there when I'm ready!! I keep thinking one day I will get to it. I have managed to piece a top or two but they have never been quilted. With work, hubby, house, and kitties I'm too tired to sew.
    I also have a passion for picture frames. I love all the variety. Is that wierd?

Refridgerator magnets and key chains. I have 15 to 16 foot long chain of keychains, one hooked to the next. I really need to get a picture of it.

oh yes, and cats........the live ones

I love decorative plates ..... don't have a huge collection yet, but if I had the extra money for it, I WOULD!!!

I also have a small collection of cat figurines.

I'm wanting to start collecting pretty hand mirrors!!! Strange? I think they are beautiful and I'd love to hang some on my walls!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I am an addicted collector of books...I couldn't imagine a room without books...I read everything, but I really love to collect cat books...I am always afraid that one day the bookshelves in my little library room become so heavy that the whole floor will crash...

...and I love paintings of cats...(of course!)...

Cats and books...aahhhhhh LIFE IS GOOD!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

I just thought I would let everyone know that so far I think what I collect is weird! *laughs*
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

OK, I'll fess up. I collect stamps, Mary Moo Moo figurines, Calico Kitty figurines, Stuffed Tigger's (no not my baby girl, but that is who she is named after), and stuffed cows.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I collect lighthouses and carosuils(sp).
    I too have the fur collection but what spinner doesn't? Working on a buffalo right now, the guy who plows my drive and I are exchanging services for it. So I have the only plowed drive on the block.

I know this is weird, but I collect pencils, markers, pens. Anything and everything to write, draw, doodle with. Colored pencils are my main passion. If I'm in a store that has a brand that I've never used or an extended line of the Prismacolors, I got nuts and will buy 20 or 30 pencils at $2 (or more) a piece! I must have nearly 500 colored pencils, but am in that eternal search for the PERFECT pencil.. perfect color, coverage, smoothness, and will let me get a perfect point! That brings me to my other passion: pencil sharpeners. I'll use a hand sharpener only and will use it only a few times and toss it out because "the blade is no longer sharp."

I used to collect Barbies. I must have 100 of them in the attic, including the Bob Mackie Bride. Anybody want to swap pencils for Barbies?

The only things I collect are dust bunnies...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Well, my hubby hates collections at the house (thinks it's clutter...he grew up w/ a dad that was a pack rat and he refuses to become that) so I have a collection of Beanie Babies here at work. I have 9 cats, 1 rabbit, 1 pelican, 1 bear, 1 squirrel, 1 hedgehog, a Chick-fil-A cow, and a Tigger and Pooh.
    Last edited by Lerah021399; 01-21-2004 at 06:55 AM.

Books, CDs and cats. I lean towards minimalistic, but would love to own art (paintings and outdoors sculpture).

bisi.cat - we have hundreds of kilograms of books! I don't know how many, so I just guess how many kilos we have to lift each time we move house! They are all in boxes until we can build a wall-length book shelf! I have given a lot away on Bookcrossing.com and to charity, but I can't bear to part with the last few hundred
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I used to collect anything elephant but now that my house runneth over I've started collecting cat things.

My weird collection is shopping bags with handles, you know the really nice ones like you get in department stores. I love them and they are so nice for carrying gifts and food places. My husband thinks I'm just strange.

From Decker with Love