Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CKC, AKC, UKC registered names?

AKC will register a dog that appears to be purebred or resembles the Breed under the Indefinte listing program. You need to take 2 pictures and fill out the paper work. The dog must be spayed or neutered to be registered this way. Alot of people will register their dogs of unknown breeding this way in order to compete in field trails, obeidence, agility, flyball, ect., the only thing an ILP registered dog cannot show in is conformation.

my dogs names are;

Gannon's Sir Raleigh of Erin (Riley)

Gannon's Erin of Wildefire (Gannie)

Champion Chetas Black Pearl (PearlieMae)

Gannon's O'Charley of Erin (Charlie Gus)

Gannon is my last name and it is irish and the gaelic word for Ireland is Erin and that is how all my dogs are named except for pearlie mae as she came to me already named.

Emily's registered name is Emily Rose CD.

Clipse's registered name is Kintara Tot'l Eclipse Bi Mystic CD

(Well okay the CD isn't part of their name it's theit obedience title, but you are allowed to tack it onto the dog's name)

Originally posted by cali
    a peice of paper issued by some club(often AKC) that likes to deform dogs. lol but thats my opinion on them lol
    I don't quite understand, I am an American Kennel Club Canine Ambassador. I have never known how having a dog registered with papers makes them deform. Please explain.

Originally posted by oodlesofpoodles
    I don't quite understand, I am an American Kennel Club Canine Ambassador. I have never known how having a dog registered with papers makes them deform. Please explain.
    Cali is a working border collie person. 'Nuff said

Still doesn't make any sense. There are a lot of AKC conformation titled dogs that hold titles in working, field trials, obedience, etc .so where does it deform the dog.

Well hard core working border collie people believe that registering dogs ruins them as they lose working ability when you only breed for looks (as such registries encourage according to them). Usually nothing you can say will change their minds.

My cocker's AKC name is Shanna's Lacie Jae, and my RB basset's AKC name was Shanna's Mercedez Mae. I really didn't care what their registered names were, as they were both spayed.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Tama is the only with a registered name and I think it has something about campers bandit or something in it. Can't really remember it.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

The place where I got Keegan didn't have a Kennel name so her's is
    Sweet Shaianne's Grace.
    Sweet-- b/c her mom's name is Sweet Vidalia
    Shaianne-- b/c I wanted to name her after Shaianne my RB greyhound my heart/spirit dog
    Grace-- b/c I couldn't come up with anything that went with the first 2 names. I tried Spirit, and Trinity but didn't like any of them. So Grace is my Grandmother's first name and it went together beautifully. And My grandma loved Shaianne as much as Shaianne loved her and she loves Keegan as much Keegan loves her great Grandma!!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I remember the "name game" we all "helped" you with, Staci, when you were deciding on a name for Keegan!!! How fun that was!!! And you made a lovely decision for all the right reasons.

Frankly, I don't know Murphy's registered name, but I do know that she is an AKC registered Lab, who Scott has had since she was a puppy.

Honey is "Helen's Sweet Honey" (her mother's name was Johnston's Brown Sugar

Lilly is "Given's Tiger Lilly" and I'm not even a Givens anymore!! But she's mine!!!!

My Tobi's AKC Registered name is D.R. Pros Tuff Guy His daddys name was "Pros" Max and when we went and picked him up he was beating up all the other pups "Tuff Guy" the D.R. is mine and my husband first initial

My FizzGiggs AKC Registerd name is FizzGigg Nothing to fancy there I got it off a Movie named "The Dark Crystal"

My Max's AKC Registared name is Maximus Destruction Because he was a destructive pup

Join Sweet Pea at The Bunny Forum
    Come join me and FizzGigg at The Bichon Lovers Clubhouse
    Thank You Anita & Kay for the wonderful Siggys

I will only have dogs on the asssociate register (non pedigreed/papered)

Clovers registered name with the VCA (Victorian Canine Association) is Four Legged Clover FDCh, All associate registed dogs have to be spayed or neutered. and have to be registered to compete in Obedience, Agility (apart from ADAC agility i think), Tracking, Herding.
    Clovers registered name with the AFA (Australian Flyball Association) is Clover FDCh (very simple)

And Elvis will be registered with both the VCA and the AFA, and most likly the herding club also. His name is going to be
    Flying Elvis the King i dont see the point in pedigree Border Collies.

Cali i agree fully with what you said go the working Borders
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Ok I am new to this Site

I am new to this site and don't know how to operate it as well. I am looking for help in coming up with a akc name for my boxer. If anyone can help plz reply.

Registered names are in my siggy

Sequoia - Dutch Cheddar
    Icee - FTH Silver Moon
    Toby - FTH redmoonrisin

Being that they are racing greyhounds, they are registered with the National Greyhound Association (NGA).

What's neat about greyhounds is that you can trace each and every greyhound's pedigree back a couple hundred years... and for free by using http://www.greyhound-data.com

Brutus is AlaZon Brute Force
    Steele is Littlefield Secret Agent Man
    Kandie is Majestic Diamond inthe Ruff
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker