Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headaches

Headaches

I know we are all familier with headaches in some way shape or form... But something different is happening to me.

I've had a headache since Friday. I've tried just about every otc headache medicine you can think of and it hasn't helped.

It hurts the worst when I cough, sneeze, or sometimes laugh. Bending over and looking down makes it ache worse too. The pain seems to be centralized to my forehead/top of the head and stretches to my temples.

Is this a migraine? I'm just perplexed and I wish the pain would stop.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Poor you. It must be awful! I don't get headaches very often, but if I've been busy for a while and try to stay awake, I get them. Do you get enough rest? I'd go and see a doctor.

Hope it'll go away! Good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sounds like sinus to me. Get thee to a doctor!!! You may have a sinus infection and sinus headaches, from what I hear, are WORSE than some migraines.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Originally posted by mugsy
    Sounds like sinus to me. Get thee to a doctor!!! You may have a sinus infection and sinus headaches, from what I hear, are WORSE than some migraines.
    Yep, that’s exactly what it is. I’ve suffered with those and migraines since I was a young teen. I can tell the difference. Nothing is worse than the pain of coughing or bending over! OUCH!

Migraine Expert to the rescue! I suffer chronic migraines that can sometimes knock me out for days... what you describe is not a typical migraine. Migraines typically pick one side of your head (left or right) and then reach around. You have extreme light sensitivity, nausea, and sound sensivity. You didn't mention any of those symptoms. But you DID mention what DOES sound like a sinus infection! Go to your doctor so they can give you the antibiotics and painkilers you need. I had one last year and it was awful!

Sorry to hear you are going through this!

Sounds like sinus problems to me too. My mom always called it a sinus cold.

I hope you get to feeling better.

Gah! Stupid sinuses....

Thanks for the input guys. I'll call the doc and get my head examined.

Ow.I get headaches a lot.Its a big nuisance.I hope things get better for you once you see the doctor.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

Me too!

For one whole year I have had the same problem.

If you go on the net and type in google...something about headaches when you cough....for can find information about them.

I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to get this under control, to no avail. My guess is that it will subside eventually. Stress is not so good for it either.

I will be going back for a physical again, next month and will re-address the problem.

If it is any consolation, my headaches aren't quite as bad as they were....but I still have them, especially when I cough.

I will let you know if I find any new answers.

SAS

Thanks SAS. I've never had a headache last this long before and I've always been able to make them go away with Tylenol... but not this one. oiy.

Called the doctor and they are getting me in today!

I only work a half day today, so I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

For a "band-aid", you can try sinus medicine otc and see if that dulls it a bit....

But, you STILL need to go the doctor!! lol (geez do I sound like a mom or what?)

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Kim, I'm so glad you made an appointment, and I hope it's only sinuses. As bad as they can be, they are minor compared to what happened to my best friend's sister a few years ago. She, like most of us, was familiar with headaches, so when she got a particularly bad one she thought nothing of it. It lasted a few days - like yours - and then one day it was so bad she couldn't stand it anymore. She had her boyfriend take her to the emergency room and they discovered that she had an aneurism that had burst. They immediately got her into surgery which she survived, but the next few days didn't go well at all, and....well...she didn't make it. She was only 31 years old.

So I don't mean to scare you, and it probably is just your sinuses, but any really bad headache that lasts for a few days definitely needs to be checked out. Had she gone to the doctor earlier, they might have discovered the aneurism before it burst, and she would have been fine and still alive today.

Please let us know what they say.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh T&P's mom, that's so sad. A friend of our family lost their son to an aneurism. He was only 22 years old.

The thought of an aneurism did cross my mind, but I always thought of them as silent and deadly killers.

I'm hoping it's nothing more than sinuses...although my sinus area doesn't hurt. :\ And I don't feel sick. Bleah.

Maybe I'm just going kRaZi!

Originally posted by ramanth
    although my sinus area doesn't hurt. :\ And I don't feel sick.
    Oh, that's not uncommon. My sinus area doesn't always hurt and I very rarely feel sick. You probably don't have a sinus infection yet, but without medication to drain them out, you'll get one.

I almost never have nasal congestion either. I know it's bad when I go from the headache to total vertigo. That means it's moved into the sinuses by your ear and it's putting pressure on your inner ear. YUCKY!

Get well soon!!!! I hope it is just a sinus infection.

By the way, if you ever get a migraine, try Excedrin Migraine. My mom, sister, and I all get TERRIBLE migraines that nothing else helps so we all swear by Excedrin Migraine.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya