Thread: How to Honor Henry

How to Honor Henry

Hi All. Well it's been two months now since Henry's passing and I still get very upset on a daily basis without my Pal to keep me company. The new kittens help a little but they are far from the little fella the so touched this one time anti-cat person.

I want to honor Henry and keep his name alive but I don't know how. I'm looking for suggestions.

Here's my friend again:
    Rest in Peace Henry my Freind

Maybe you can print out a poem with his pictures and frame it in your living room. Or buy one of those stones with his name on it for your yard. When my lab died, I scattered her ashes at her favorite pond along with some roses. Now every year, I go throw roses into the pond and sit and remember my precious girl. Maybe you can start some sort of tradition like that.

I bet someone can make you a nice picture of Henry with something about the Rainbow Bridge to put in your signature. I would do it, but I know there are many more people here who can do it better. That way we can see your beautiful Henry with every post you make.

I know what you're going through and I know how hard it is. Henry will live on through your memories. I am sure you gave him the best life possible.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Go to Pet Memorial

and read what I wrote "When I asked WHY?" Prayer helps, it gave me that answer. Write a poem like was suggested, post it there with his picture and/or just write his story there for us to read.. How you came to have him, what he was like, let us comfort you and give you support. Nobody understands what you are going through like someone who has been there. It is hard but maybe the answer that was givin to me will help you some.

Re: Go to Pet Memorial

Originally posted by Laura's Babies
    and read what I wrote "When I asked WHY?" Prayer helps, it gave me that answer. Write a poem like was suggested, post it there with his picture and/or just write his story there for us to read.. How you came to have him, what he was like, let us comfort you and give you support. Nobody understands what you are going through like someone who has been there. It is hard but maybe the answer that was givin to me will help you some.
    Been there Laura. All I can say is that I got my answer in a way I never wanted.

Mike
    Rest in Peace Henry my Freind

I hope it helped you

Like it helped me... I swear, HE answered my prayers when I kept asking WHY!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Well, I'm an action type of Gal. When we lost Kuhio (see Cat Memorial board for the whole story) I felt the need to take action and do things in Kuhio's name to keep her story alive.

One thing I did was to sign up as a volunteer at our local no-kill shelter. That way I help kitties in need. The no-kill shelter also has an adopt-a-cage program. Whenever a new cat is brought in, it has to be isolated in it's own cage until all its test results come back. The cage we adopted has Kuhio's name and photo on it. The money we donated pays for the tests and shots. Just some ideas....
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Maybe you could plant a tree somewhere where you see it each day? It would be a living memorial for you and others. You could even get a stone engraved with his name to set under it?

Or, you could donate to a shelter in his name. They will usually put name plates somewhere in the shelter and you could pick where they do that?

I'm sorry for your loss. Henry was a gorgeous boy.

Hi Mikey. Like you, I too am beginning to feel that I want to honour my Gigi.

During the time she was ill, I had a patio built in my garden and I left two small areas unpaved because I planned to lay a solid imprint of Gigi and Lulu's paws there. Because Gigi was always poorly and the weather was bad I never felt able to put her through all the hassle of doing this at that time, and so put it off until a time that she would be feeling better. Of course that time never came and so I am left with two holes in the patio crying out to be filled with something! I am considering having a rose named after her and maybe plant it in one of the holes. I shall save the other for Lulu.

My friend Carole has a beautiful ceramic sleeping cat on a stone in the garden where her Bandit loved to sit.
    JulieG

Its so hard losing a good friend like Harry. I lost my best friend in the whole world, my RB Jock, he passed away in September and I thought I'd never get over it. His sister Bonnie is still with me and has been a great comfort to me. Recently I've begun to notice small things that Bonnie does like the way she was sleeping the other night and she is so like her bruv. I've framed a nice pic of Jock along with a beautiful sympathy card I received and it takes pride of place on my fireplace.

Time will heal, I know that won't help but I promise you will get over it !! Says me nearly in tears at the moment

Also there's a great memorial section on PT, I will post about Jock on it eventually, I'm just trying to find some good pics at the moment !!!