Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people put milk jugs all over their yards?

lol i've never heard of that before, but there is a house near here that has a beautiful lnadscaping job done. then...they put up this big ceramic tower. (about 6 ft. tall) and it's hollow and has windows allup it's sides. and they put barbies, kens mcdonalds toys , and every kind of tacky plastic toy you could ever think of in those windows hanging out. and this is in thier front yard! right wheere everyone can see when they 're driving by! and it's in the really nice part of the nieghborhood (right by the water) i laughed so hard the first time i saw it! i was used to the ohio and north carolina briers with the big cheesy flamingoes and the orange painted deer in the yard and the dwarfs and stuff...lol

I have a better way, lets concrete our yards, get rid of our flowers plus the need to mow the yard! Then we can just paint the concrete green! Let a mole try to stick his head through that yard!
    Wow I forget that people actually have lawns Here in the desert we just decorate our yards with giant rocks. No mowing necessary
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    Wow I forget that people actually have lawns Here in the desert we just decorate our yards with giant rocks. No mowing necessary
    Lol, that's so true. We had some new neighbors move in up the road....They decorated their yard "Arizona style". Everyone thought there were freaks. But in Az, that is how every yard is. Only the nuts try to keep grass green there. lol. Actually, my cousin has a nice green lawn, but her fiance owns a landscaping business there in Phoenix. He has the means.

I woke up this morning, went out side to pick up the paper and....

there it was, on the neighbor's lawn.....

I'll find out which one of you put it there.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by G.P.girl
    lol i've never heard of that before, but there is a house near here that has a beautiful lnadscaping job done. then...they put up this big ceramic tower. (about 6 ft. tall) and it's hollow and has windows allup it's sides. and they put barbies, kens mcdonalds toys , and every kind of tacky plastic toy you could ever think of in those windows hanging out. and this is in thier front yard! right wheere everyone can see when they 're driving by! and it's in the really nice part of the nieghborhood (right by the water) i laughed so hard the first time i saw it! i was used to the ohio and north carolina briers with the big cheesy flamingoes and the orange painted deer in the yard and the dwarfs and stuff...lol
    LMAO! Sounds like something my mom would do. Right now my mom has these CD's hanging all over her tree and house. She thinks she is so brilliant for this idea because they look so beautiful when they reflect in the light.

LOL I went out with a guy once that kept commenting on milk jugs.....but they weren't the kind you buy at the grocery store.

What was I thinking???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

LMAO! I married one like that, Slick. And he turned out to be not so bad after all. haha. He just required a little more training.

We don't have milk jugs, but my mum is a little on the weird side and had an arbor built to hold her painted toilet ... I swear I'm adopted

It's just inside the driveway so visitors don't miss it. She was scared that the market gardeners over the road would steal it, so she had dad concrete it to the paving!!!

Must get her onto the milk jug thing.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Just be happy that you don't look outside and see somebody actually using it!

Maybe you should show her some of the beautiful Milk weeds that Richard was talking about!

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

LOL Too cute MM. Maybe she just wants to keep "a head" of the Jones'!!!!

I kill me!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by Miss Meow

It's just inside the driveway so visitors don't miss it. She was scared that the market gardeners over the road would steal it, so she had dad concrete it to the paving!!!

The pedestrians won't miss it either....

Skip to the LOO my darling!!!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    We don't have milk jugs, but my mum is a little on the weird side and had an arbor built to hold her painted toilet ... I swear I'm adopted

Must get her onto the milk jug thing.
    OMG! I MUST show my husband this! He swears my mom is one of a kind. Apparently she has a twin out there. She has a toilet, bbq, and bathtub planter in the backyard. lol. And she is afraid that people are going to steal her cool CD invention. lmao.

I must say though, your mom has the most attractive toilet that I've ever seen.

hahaha, slick! I just read that. You kill me too!

true confession - I own a herd of pink flamingos - we use them as part of our outdoor Christmas display (Santa being pulled by his eight tiny pink flamingos). We also have a phone booth for our front yard light - not the all enclosed kind but the open three sided kind.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Originally posted by catland
    true confession - I own a herd of pink flamingos - we use them as part of our outdoor Christmas display (Santa being pulled by his eight tiny pink flamingos). We also have a phone booth for our front yard light - not the all enclosed kind but the open three sided kind.
    Now, I can't tease you about that. I REALLY like that idea. That's cool! I just might steal it next year.