Thread: Peaches

Peaches

I know, I know. I promised pictures, but I don't have any yet. I do have some vary bad news though. My poor peachy (chameleon) baby is sick she had to be rushed to the vet this after noon and was put on antibiotics. What happened was her eyes got crusted over and she couldn't see, they also sunk into her head (a sign of severe illness). Because she couldn't see she hadn't eaten for at least 4 days (we noticed this, and were watching her carfully) When she went to the vets she said that she had a "cold" type of thing. Her nose is clogged and her eyes are crusted shute. She (vet) is also VERY concerned because Peaches veil is turning black and her toenails are falling off and not growing back. ::sigh::

When it rains it pores

Can we please have some prayers and please keep her in your thoughts, normaly when they get sick it only takes days, if left un treated, for them to die. Also, pray that she takes her antibiotics via-seringe. Other whys I have to give her shots ::cringes::

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

(((HUGS)))

Sending positive thoughts Peaches' way! I hope she pulls through this. Please keep us posted

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

How heartbreaking

Sweet Peaches will be in my prayers.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

omg i am so sorry, i will keep peaches in my thoughts!!
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

aww poor Peaches! She is in my prayers! And Rex sends his love!

To Peaches

Dwear Peaches! Pwease get bwetter soon! I wuv you lots! What a horrible ting to happen! Pwease pwease get better soon!

Lots of Luv Rex!

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

no!!................ Im so sorry Peaches please get better soon I know you can. You have an excellent mommy and she will take GREAT care of you. Rex is very upset!! HE wants you better ASAP!
    Hope This Makes You Feel Better

Question: Do you rinse your hands before holding Peaches?
    I ALWAYS scrub my hands with hot water before I hold Rex and wash them with warm water and soap after. My science teacher said it was a good Idea to get most of the bacteria off your hands before holding reptiles. She also said to clean out your finger nails after holding a reptile because if you bit your nails and you miss spots on your hand you can get salmonella
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

THAT LIL BRAT!!!!

I have some REALLY REALLY good news. I just gave peaches her medcine with the siringe (SP) and she took it like a trooper!! She just sat there, allowed me to pry her mouth open and give it to her. But once it was all over and I was giving her the last lil bit, do you know what that lil brat did!!?!?! She bite the siringe! LOL The lil nasty booger

Ashley

Originally posted by green_chameleon_girl
    no!!................ Im so sorry Peaches please get better soon I know you can. You have an excellent mommy and she will take GREAT care of you. Rex is very upset!! HE wants you better ASAP!
    Hope This Makes You Feel Better

Dear sweet Rex. Your picure and loveing note gave me the strength to take my medicine and get better. I have a crush on you to and hope to meet up and have a chameleon meeting with you some time

Peaches

No, I dont' wash my hands before handling her. I asked my old vet this awhile ago (when we first got her) and he said there was no need.

Ashley

hehe aww!! LOL can she see better yet? how are her eyes?? Poor Thing I knwo you are taking FANTASTIC care of her
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

I won't know about her eyes till morning. Once I wake up I'll check on her, if she has crust on them I need to put warm water on them. If she doesn't then there is no need.

Ashley

How is she today??
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

She's not doing to well this morning. The black has spread to her eye ridges now :'( she also is being sluggish and her eyes are suken in again, they also were gunked up ealier. I'm so worried. I'm such a horrible mom :-[

Ash

Ash, you are NOT a horrible mom! Don't beat yourself up about it, you're doing your best and keep doing it. You need to be strong for Peaches. He's still in my thoughts, I hope he get's well soon

Be strong, Peaches!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

How can you say that? You are so patient with Peaches and you are doing so much better than I ever could! Your a great mommy to Peaches, and if she could talk she would be saying 'thank you mommy for taking such good care of me!'

Now I don't want to hear you say your a bad mommy again! Understand? And this is coming from a Granny..who knows a good mommy when she sees one.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

OMG im am so sorry you are not a bad mom! You are making an excellent effort to get Peaches better again! Im sorry she has to be sick. When are you taking her to the vet again?
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!