Thread: I am SO glad...

I am SO glad...

I am so glad to find a place where I can go and people do not think I am crazy for loving my babies like I do. I have been visiting here awhile and only posted once. I have 2 of the sweetiest babies in the world (don't disagree with me, they ARE!). Chester came to me through my son when someone dropped him off in the night at my son's house. He was an affectionate scraggley, big eared, big footed gray and white tabby that has grown into the handsomest big boy you ever saw and a real lap baby/clown. He will be 2 years old in March. Working as I do, my daughter has to keep him for 28 days every other month and Chester was so lonesome when he would come home, I got Amy for him to have a companion. She is a grey and white tabby too and the one I posted about before. She too, is a lap hogging sweetheart that requires a lot of attention due to her handicap.

Now, my son who brought me Chester, keeps Amy when I go to work and he got Amy a companion kitten and I just didn't want to seperate them so I now have her too..She is a grey calico with the cuitest marked face you ever saw and she is about 4 months old now. She and Amy are so sweet together, sleeping, playing, eating... always together, like sisters or very best friends. Chester didn't like having yet another female in the house but his urge to "join in" in their play overcame that and now I have 3 babies ripping and running and keeping me laughing like crazy.
    While Chester and Amy are demanding of a lot of attention, Gizzy loves to be petted but not held and she prefers to stay off to the side when hugs and kisses are being given. Amy, demands hugs and kisses, Chester is happy with all of the petting, kissing and hugs you can give him too, but he has got so big that he don't like to be held as much as he use to.

Someday I will learn how to post pictures on here for you all to see, I have TONS and Chester is a camera HOG! He loves to pose for the camera. Just thought I would tell you about my sweethearts and how they are so much fun to have in the house. Sure makes a house a "home" to have them here! I could write a book on my babies......(think I put a pic of Chester and Amy.)

Welcome to PT, Laurie! Sounds like you have some wonderful furkids - and skinkids too!

Here's a link to a great thread on how to post pics. Hope it helps 'cause we'd love to see pics of your three.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Working it it

I have them uploaded and will try to post tomorrow when I am rested and more alert! I love looking at everyone elses pictures on here and hope to get my babies on here to amuse all of you as much as I have been amused. I LOVE all the pictures of all the babies here!

Welcome to Pet Talk Laura. Your furkids sound gorgeous and I look forward to hearing more about them and seeing some pictures too.

Welcome to pet talk! Your babies sound precious.
    I can't help but be curious about your job that keeps you busy 28 out of 31 days a month. (we like to know about YOU as well as the pets )

GREAT JOB!

Ok, you asked and I love my job, I just wish I could take my babies with me to work. I am a cook and I cook on a tow boat on the Mississippi River. Our next crew change is Feb. 4, and we will be on the boat until March 3. Then I am off and will be off til April 28 (if I have it figured right). I cook for 8 to 10 people and I am the only female. I cook 3 meals a day and I might add, we eat GOOD out there as my weight reflects. You will notice I post, then I am silent awhile, then I am back and so on. I insist that I have nothing but the best care for my babies while I am gone, you don't leave them with just anybody as these are really my babies since my real babies are grown and have families of their own. Thank God, they are "Cat people" as much as I am and they have their own kitty babies at home. I will have to tell you about my daughters baby sometimes and post a picture of her since she has a "special" kitty too, and another time, about my son's big fluff ball of a purring loving machine.

I gave up a job in management (food service too) that I had for 21 years to go do the job I have now and I have never regretted it since it doubled my income and it is like being paid to be on a vacation. I have always loved cooking so it really don't feel like a job and being out there with these people, they become like family after awhile. I get to try all the recipes that I find on here at someone elses expense and the great ones, I make at home when we all get together here. I search the web, the whole time I am off (if I can get off of these boards long enough) for new recipes to try. I do great the first 3 week out there, then I run out of ideas so I search for more ideas when I am at home. Ok, that is enough. Anymore questions? LOL!

What a neat job... wish you worked for me!! haha
    Your kitties sound precious too ... look forward to pictures of them!
    WELCOME to PT!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Welcome to Pet Talk! I look forward to hearing more about you and your kitties--they sound very sweet.
    Oreo and Molly

What an interesting job.

Hi Laura and welcome to Pet Talk!!!! So nice getting to know you and what a great job you must have. To be happy in a job is half the battle.

I look forward to seeing pics of Chester and Amy. Take a look at the link that T & P posted. It will help you great deal, and of course if you have questions, we are always here.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Welcome Laura. I too shall think about posting some pictures of Lucy and Gigi, my beautiful little babies.
    JulieG