Thread: Paisley's Story

Paisley's Story

Paisley
    Paisley is another park feral. When we finally were able to capture her, she was very ill. We took her to the vet who proceeded to tells us he didn’t think she was going to pull through. She only weighed one pound, had fleas, ear-mites, upper respiratory, fever, and diarrhea. We took her home with a lot of medication and wondering how we were even going to get it administered to her. We set up an area in the back yard to keep her secluded from the house cats. We put a little igloo house in the fenced area, which ended up being our savior. She would hide in the back of this and we would pick it up with her in it and give her the medication. For months her re-checks at the vet were not good, we could not get her fever down. After ear-mites and fleas were gone we moved Paisley into the house in the computer room. We brought her little igloo in and Paisley stayed hidden in there constantly. We kept up with the medications and after several months the fever broke. Paisley pulled through and was finally allowed out with the rest of the household. She’s a VERY small cat to this day, but healthy! She’s still very shy but will come out every evening for a ritual petting and loving.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

All of your stories are so heartwarming, you truly do love cats and I think it's wonderful the lengths you go to to help these loving creatures. I hope I am able to do as much for the cat community as you have someday.

Thank you so much! I'm lucky my husband is as into this as I am. Makes rescuing so much easier!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

WOW, poor Paisley. I know what it was like to have a young cat lose weight down to 3 pounds, but I can harldly even imagine only 1 pound. (that's what they weigh at 8 weeks old )

But persistance pays off and here she is, good as ever.......and VERY lucky!

Yeah, I'm so glad you were able to nurse Paisley back to good health. Such wonderful stories all of your kitties have.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Actually, Jen ... it's a pound per month... so one pound would equal FOUR weeks!!!
    What a wonderful story of love, purrsistance, and survival! Thanks so much for sharing this, Lisa!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

I'm glad Paisley is ok now

I hope Paisley still has her little igloo that helped her recover

Paisley

What a wonderful story with a perfect ending. She is a very, very lucky little girl to have been not only rescued but loved by you and your husband.
    Paisley is just BEAUTIFUL! That fur makes you want to just get lost in it!