Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twins?

Twins?

Everyone on the planet had a twin...

The Germans call them Doppelgangers.

I just ran across a picture of someone who looks just like my
    old GF.......kinda spooky but funny at the same time..
    ---------

MY doppelganger story is funny and really scary too!

I was delivering charts to an area in the hospital when I heard a woman yell, "Gerard.....Gerard....." I didn't pay too much attention
    because my name is not Gerard....

A few seconds later a pull at my sleeve made me turn around.....

I came face to face with a woman who said to me, "Gerard, what are you doing here???" I looked at her like she was out of her mind....

She looked at me like I was crazy and asked me what was the matter, again calling me 'GERARD'...After a few minutes of going back and forth I convinced her I wasn't who she thought I was...

She then told me that I was a dead ringer for a family friend....
    I laughed and she told me to stop in again, she would bring her wedding pictures in to show why she thought I was Gerard...

--------------------------

A week later I was in her area, I ran into her and she got really excited and told me not to go anywhere.....She ducked into an office and came back with an album filled with pictures....

She opened it up and sure enough....

I told her that the guy in the photos was me, but I don't remember being in her wedding!!! This guy was my FREAKING double......same everything, height, hair color, eyes........

That was a really spooky feeling...It WAS me in those pictures...
    I usually need some concrete proof to believe in things but this was crazy....

Have you ever met or seen your double?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Re: Twins?

Originally posted by RICHARD
    Have you ever met or seen your double?
    No and believe me the world is a better place for it!!!

I have seen a double of an old BF and that made me run in the other direction and a double of my late father and that really freaked me out.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

lol! thats funny!

I really am a twin so im used to being called Heather instead of Kelsey. lol

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

Originally posted by Tweety_Pie
    lol! thats funny!

I really am a twin so im used to being called Heather instead of Kelsey. lol

How do we know you aren't Heather?

Slick,

Maybe the twin had better manners than the original???

You didn't bother to find out?
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

Never that I am not related to (a have a niece who looks a LOT like me, poor kid!), but throughout my life, I have been mistaken for many people's "best friend's little sister," or daughter, or neighbor's sister" ... And none of them knew my older siblings, either. I figure I've just got a generic face.

Originally posted by RICHARD
    You didn't bother to find out?
    No. If it was him I'd probably say something I'd regret later and if it was a double I'd feel awfully stupid yelling and name-calling a stranger....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

My sister swears I have a twin here in Fort Wayne....to the point she stopped her one time thinking it was me. I have had other friends tell me the same thing, so I guess it must be true.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Hey, Gerard, I know my picture prompted this thread but I will tell everyone the story because I have two twins (tripledopplegangers???)

The pic of me being silly in our cat enclosure prompted Richard Gerard to tell me that I looked like his old GF, except she didn't make silly faces and poke her tongue out

I learnt about my other 'me' at a bar one night. The bar maid was staring at me and I was feeling a bit uncomfortable. Finally, she said I looked like her best lesbian friend in Denmark. Um, OK!

I know my mother would say thank goodness there's only one of me in this world
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    Finally, she said I looked like her best lesbian friend in Denmark. Um, OK!

I was trying to protect your good name.....

Tripledoppelgangers?

Say that fast three times in a row!

I remember seeing a story about real twins, who were separated at birth......................

They happened to live in the same area for years with out ever running into each other until they just so happened to stop, at different times, at a filling station..

The clerk knew one of the twins by name, but when he approached twin "B" and began to talk to him, he brushed the clerk off and went on his way.

Twin "A" began hearing stories about his 'strange behavior'- those stories later turned into MORE tales of someone who looked just like him in the same town.....I don't remember how they ended up meeting each other-but it was one of those stories that make you wonder how they could have lived in that town and never had run into each other....
    -faith hill

Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

This happened to my son recently, getting his passport photos taken, the girl in the store, said to him don't you remember me, he goes uh no, you know from fraser high, he went to boys high, and then she called him Jacob, another case of mistaken identity, she said you look so like him, like his twin, mind you my son has a half brother somewhere , who knows where he is., but his name is cole, but he often gets told he has a twin.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I had that happen. My sophomore year in highschool. I was at a volleyball game. After the game, in the stands, was this girl. We both walked up to eachother slowly, we were so stunned. We looked identical. We were both tall, big smiles, same hair color...everything. We even both had the dorky 1990's aquanet hairdo's. I kind of wish that we kept in touch.

Also, not myself, but another story. My friend, Kim has a cousin, Carrie. Well, a few weeks ago, my good friend Tony brought his new girlfriend to a restaurant to meet me. The first thing that I thought when they walked in the door was OMG, that's Carrie! It looked identical to her....Now, here's the kicker...her name was Carrie too!!!!! The only thing that made me know it wasn't Kim's Carrie was the fact that she walked straight up to me and introduced herself, Kim's Carrie knows me. Their personalities were night and day...Kim's cousin is quiet, this one was loud and vulgar, but they looked so much alike it was unbelievable. BTW, I loved her, she got my thumbs up...Go, Tony!

-How do we know you aren't Heather-

Trust me youll just know hahahhaha
    Last edited by green_chameleon_girl; 01-14-2004 at 08:28 PM.
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

This is all to strange. My sister Ann said there was somebody come to her house to deliver a greenhouse. She thought it was my son, drove a truck, tall, just like my son. She thought it was him.

I felt really strange after she told me that. I thought well back when I had him they would put us poor old women to sleep, so how do I know whether I had twins or not. I even talked it over with my son, who really got a kick out of it. He is a truckdriver too. Well he has took a break now, and is working close to home now. Gave me the heebie jeebies though.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

i haven't met her(??) yet. but it would be so cool if i did!

I've never personally ran into someone who could be my "double." I have been told I look like friends, family members, and random people they have met throughout their lives. But none of the times it was really me. I had an older guy come up to me and he started looking at me and looking at me and finally said "what's your name? You look just like my granddaughter and I just want to make sure you're not." I told him my name and he thought for sure I was his granddaughter until I showed him my ID. lol I hear from everyone wherever i go that I look like someone they know. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. lol Oh well!
    Lauren, Honey, Orion, Caeleigh, Chloe & Stangly

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH KAYANN FOR THE WONDERFUL SIG!