Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanq!

Tanq!

Yay!! An Akita! You are a beauty Tanq. You sound like such a sweetie. I was so happy to see your picture this morning and to read your story. I wish I could reach right through the screen and pet you. I hope your dad becomes a member of Pet Talk so we can see more of you. I also have a 9 month old Akita her name is Katie. Like your dad I am trying very hard to make sure Katie is well socialized. I think I have done very well so far. Katie seems to love everyone, especially kids. She also loves to chew on sticks, take long walks and just be with people. I loved reading about you Tanq and I sure do hope you enjoy your special day!!

Congrats on being Dog Of The Day, Tanq!!

Robin
    Last edited by RobiLee; 01-15-2004 at 07:01 AM.

TANQ!!!!!

WOW... LOOK AT YOU!

CONGRATULATIONS Tanq for being DOTD!! I am glad you have such a loving Daddy who is raising you to be such a fun, loving and caring dog. I hope he can get you into a therapy program soon... I know you will be bringing big smiles to lots of faces!!

Hope you get lots of extra yummy treats today to celebrate your special day!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Tanq, you are gorgeous!! I too would love to reach through my monitor and give you a hug & kiss!

You sound like you'll make a wonderful therapy dog, with lots of love and personality to make days brighter.

Congratulations sweetie!

Tang as puppy

Hi!
    I recently adopted an abandoned puppy (8 weeks when I found her) that I believe to be a mixture of pit and akita. I have a pit, and she acts very much like the pit did as a puppy, but the pit housetrained very easily, and the new puppy can't seem to get it at all. She's three months old now and very loving, but extremely willfull! I hate keeping her shut up in the bathroom while I'm at work, but I would come home to puddles everywhere otherwise. Was Tang easily housebroken as a puppy? Any akita puppy tips for me? Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Vena
    (Memphis Goth)
    All who wander are not lost

Tang

Tang

You are a beautiful boy. I would love to give you a hug but your dad will have to do it for me. I bet you will make a great Therapy
    Dog. I wish you were mine. I would give you tennis balls every day. I play tennis and I have 2 yorkies and 1 beagle amd neither one will play with my used tennis balls. Hope you will have many, many happy, loving and caring years with your family.
    LHCamry

Well aren't you just a big bunch of puppy love! It's hard to think of a 90 lb. dog as a puppy, but a puppy you still are and oh so beautiful. I knew RobiLee would be smitten and just wait until KYS sees you too! We have quite a few Akita fans here at PT and would love it if your daddy human would join us so that we might get to know you a little better. It sounds like he has great plans for you and is a great furparent! Congratulations to handsome Tanq on being our very special Dog of the Day!

Terrific!

Blog Entries

Tanqueray Apollo Elliot AKA Tanq

What a wonderful dog you are, Tanq. Mew, KatMa and I do believe your furson is right: you would be a great therapy dog just like my dog*cousin, Nassau.

About the squirrels, please do not ever catch one! All fauna deserve to live without the treat of being 'caught' by a petkid. That's why our fursons provide nice toys like balls and frisbees.

Aren't you ever so thoughtful, opening conversations with young ladies? Me-Wow! I think your Paw-Paw (Robert Elliot) is thrilled with this perk. Talley, the Doberman Pinscher sounds like fab buddy who enjoys life with you and Paw-Paw.

A wonderful selection for Dog of the Day = TANQ!
    Last edited by sasha the cat; 01-15-2004 at 09:39 AM.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

Good Morning Tang, my what a handsome boy you are. I think you would make a wonderful therapy dog and people would just love you. It sounds like you have a wonderful, fun life playing at the park with all of your human and doggy friends. You are so right about bad people making bad dogs. Congratulations dear, handsome Tang our very best Dog of the Day.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Oh what a beautiful Akita boy we all get to "ooo" and "ahhh"
    over today! Tanq, you've already started your therapy dog career today whether you meant to or not, because you certainly brightened my day just seeing you! Oh how I'd LOVE to pet and play with you. Those who get to help in your socialization are so lucky! Maybe you can even help your Dad find that special someone to share in your lives!

Congratulations, handsome and debonairre Tanq, our beautiful dog of the day!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

What a big beautiful Tanq!! You have such a lovely coat and stately regal Akita form - so handsome. What a good ambassador for the breed your are Mr. Tanq!! You rock!
    Congrats for being Our Awesome Pet of the Day!

What a stunning Akita boy you are Tanq! As K9Soul so aptly put it, you've already started your therapy career; you and your Dad have lifted all of our spirits today! You are one awesome representative of your breed and you've only begun what I'm sure will be a stellar canine career...spreading love and joy to all you meet! And I understand your Daddy has already learned what us ladies have known all along...doggies are the best chick magnets! Who knows...with your help, just maybe a loving Mommy will be added to you pack sometime soon! Cudos to your fabulous Daddy for being such a responsible and dedicated guardian! He sets the standard for all of us. Every dog deserves a wonderful forever parent like your Dad! As you say, sweet Tanq, there are no bad dogs, only bad guardians! Congratualtions to you Tanq, our most magnificent, handsome, sweet and loving Dog of the Day! I wish you all best in your therapy career Tanq. I know you'll shine in that role! And most of all, I wish you and your Daddy many, many years of love, laughter and friendship! Have a wonderful day celebrating your well earned day of honor with Dad, Talley and all your doggie pals

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Tang
    WOW! What a handsome boy you are! No wonder the ladies all love you! I know I would want to pet you! Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Dog of the Day today!

Congratulations Tanq!

I knew that Robin would be one of the first ones to congratulate you this morning, but why wouldn't she...you are quite the looker!

Hi Tanq,
    Roxey here...
    It really sounds like you do get alot of socializing too bad you don't live close, we have a really fun park that we go to with lots and lots of friends! And we know you'd really like Katie (RobiLee's Akita girl)! She'd probably like you better than me (we don't always see eye to eye ).
    Well, just wanted to say hi and congratulate you.
    Have a great day!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Sweet Tanq

Wow Tanq!

I just love Akitas; and you are certainly a magnificent Akita! What a joy you must be to spend time with. I can just imagine enjoying the company of a huge, loving puppy who has a gregarious spirit and excellent manners; of course it would be awesome being around Tanq!

It sounds like your dad has done and excellent job in socializing you. I wish you all the best in getting started in therapy work. I feel confident that the patient's faces will just light up with happiness and their spirits will be immediately lifted to a positive place just by spending some time with a delightful and dignified dog such as Tanq!

Beautiful Tanq, I wish you all of the best for a long, joyful, happy, and content doggie life. And I hope that you will enjoy your training for becoming a therapy dog. I think you will be an Awesome Therapy Dog Tanq! And I think it will be a very rewarding experience for everyone involved.

Best regards,
    Anna Lisa and her 3 dogs: Tesoro, Elsa and Happy