Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this possible - Over 11 years neutered and Ripley's in the mood?

Is this possible - Over 11 years neutered and Ripley's in the mood?

Okay, I don't want to offend but what is up with Ripley? The past few weeks he has been going after Jazz (who is a female and spayed) constantly. He follows her around and sniffs whatever she has been sitting on and whenever he gets close to her she backs up and runs off which is not typical behavior for her. She use to run and play with him but now she just acts annoyed and a bit afraid of him. I feel sorry for her.

He actually jumped on her the other night but she got away. I think he is "in the mood" but I'm not sure. Maybe he is tired of Scout dominating him so he has decided to take it out on Jazz. I just can't tell what is going on. Scout is also female (spayed) but he doesn't like her at all so he hasn't acted this way with her.

Is it possible that Ripley could be in the mood even though he is has been neutered for over 11 years? He has been know to get amorous with an old Oscar the Grouch hand puppet but it's been years - sad, I know.

From Decker with Love

I am not sure about cats, but in dogs "mounting" can also be part of dominance. Maybe Ripley is trying to make sure of his place in the dominance tree.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

LMAO. Sorry to laugh, but that's the subject of our household about Ron too. We have furry blankets. We've dubbed Ron "The Pervert" because we often wake up in the night and he's "molesting" our legs. He mistakes our furry blankets and legs for something else.

We joke that he's clueless because he has a female cat right under his nose and doesn't even realize it.

He's been neutered for at least 5 years. No answer to the problem though. I'm curious to hear what others say.

Wow, I never knew a cat would do that after they had been neutered!!

I mean I know male dogs do it to signify their dominance over the other male. But for a cat to do it, that is a new one on me.

I know I have pretty much the same problem, Tonya, with my bird Charlie Sweet, he trys to molest my hand and my foot. He gets very agraivating at times. Just wonder if you can have a bird neutered...... .

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Thanks for the replies. Hmm, sounds like this may be more of a dominance thing then.

Anyone else have any clue?

From Decker with Love

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    LOL. Mishi "dominates" Muffy the teddy bear. Yes, he's neutered and shouldn't have the hormones to do the deed, but every night he goes at it with the bear. It just cracks me up.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Just because they are kneeding on something furry doesn't mean they are trying to hump it, jeez. Houdini, who is a spayed female does that to anything furry, her target, Dylans little stuffed lion. It's because it's soft, that's the only reason. It's not because they are trying to hump it. Houdini even puts her face down low, and some cats may scruff it, but this shouldn't be confused with actually doing something sexual. And YES, cats CAN and WILL mate even if they are neutered.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

You said this is recent - have there been stressful events lately? Could it be the excitement of the holiday season or the change in weather?

I've definately noticed a difference in Jan's personality in the past couple of weeks since there's been snow on the ground. She is not used to it and hates it and its getting her down so we're giving her extra attention to help her out.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Originally posted by trayi52

I know I have pretty much the same problem, Tonya, with my bird Charlie Sweet, he trys to molest my hand and my foot. He gets very agraivating at times. Just wonder if you can have a bird neutered...... .

Willie

Now birds are a different story. Birds masterbate quite frequently. And when you have a male and female together watch out, because it's NON STOP! We used to breed tiels and even if the females had no contact with a male they would "mate" with their perches. Cockatiels and lovebirds are especially prone to masterbation. They will do anything, newspaper, your hand, anything. The males are particuarly bad.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Whew! Tell me about it Cass! Charlie is the hornyest little fellow I have ever seen, when he flying free in the living room, he gives my hand no peace at all. Can you imagine trying to type while a bird is on your hand humping away?! If he can't get to my hand he uses my foot. He does this several times a day!! Jeesh, how many times a day can a bird go???

Sometimes I get so aggrivated with him, I put him back in his cage. He gets mad if he can't get to my hand or foot and starts trying to bite me on the ear, pulling my earring out of my ear. He ate one of my pink ice stones out of my earring one time.

What a bird!!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Caution: X-rated :D

Originally posted by luckies4me
    Just because they are kneading on something furry doesn't mean they are trying to hump it,
    Uh, ok ....

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

That is NOT humping! My cats do that all the time, and they are female. They are just kneeding on something soft, not trying to mate. Do you really believe that's what they are doing? That's halarious!

Have you seen a cat mate? They take a certain posture, and they also grab the neck area and howl. Male cats often "rape" their females, and if he was trying to mate with that bear he would not be just kneeding it. His back would be arched along with his spine, pointing towards the bottom. If a cat is masterbating you will know. They lick their penis, and you can see it. Ewok has done this a few times. Trust me, you KNOW when they are doing that!

Houdni does that exact same thing to Dylans lion, and anything else that feels similar. She also will do it to Dan and me when she is happy. Ewok more so since he was bottle fed. But he also licks you to death too and will suckle any part of your body.

Also if a female come in heat comes to a male that is already neutered he will still mate with her. It's just a natural thing, even if they are neutered.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

It pretty much appears to be just kneading except the hip action is going on too -- I KNOW nothing's really going on, it just looks like he's humping. My silly boy. I love the big goon!

kneed /'nEd/ adjective: a blow with the bent knee

knead /'nEd/ transitive verb: to work and press into a mass with or as if with the hands
    Last edited by RedHedd; 01-13-2004 at 01:28 PM.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here

Houdini does the hip stuff too, and I wonder, how she does that being a female lol. I need to get a pic of her with her lion lol.

It's awkward having neighbors come over when you cat is going to town with a stuffie!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by luckies4me
    It's awkward having neighbors come over when you cat is going to town with a stuffie!
    Oh yeah .... I showed my girlfriend one day and she just cracked up - too funny!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here