Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Cuddly Animal

Small Cuddly Animal

Does anyone know of any small animals that like to cuddle?? Jaxom loves to cuddle and I've found that I love it. So I was thinking for my next pet (which won't be for another year or two, just doing some research now) I would like to get a pet who was cuddly, maybe an animal who was even known to be cuddly.

Any help would be apreciated!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

sugar gliders are very cuddly, they love to be close to their owners and hang around *literaly* all day on their owners!...
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Rats seem like they love to cuddle.

Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
    sugar gliders are very cuddly, they love to be close to their owners and hang around *literaly* all day on their owners!...

Gliders aren't cuddly. Yes you can walk around with them in your pocket or a pouch but they are not cuddly. They are also very expensive to purchase, care for and feed. They can be VERY noisy at night, and they have a smell to them that some find offensive.

If anything I would consider a rat. My rats cuddle with me all day. Meeko lays with me in bed and will fall asleep with me. But...you already have rats.

How about a Chinchilla? They aren't really cuddly but they make great pets. Ferret? Ferrets are real cuddle bugs!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Just thought of another one. Guinea Pigs, are cuddly (from what I know) my friend has 2 GPs and when we are holding them they like to cuddle up in our laps. Its Cute!

I agree Amber. I loved my guinea pigs and in fact I plan on getting a blue merle soon, if I can find another! It was a fluke in the breeding, so it might not happen. But my piggies always loved to sit on my laps and just hang out with me, and talk to me lol. They are so vocal.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

yeah, they are squeakers! a blue merle guinea pig? Never heard of them like that! I bet they look pretty!

Well neither have I! Which is why I want one lol. It was sooo beautiful! In fact after searching the internet I didn't even find info. But it was blue, with black merling and with a few tan spots, and so adorable!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I would hardly call a guinea pig cuddly! they are prey animals and are generaly down right frightend of you. there are exseptions of coarse but I have found kari to be WAY more cuddly then any of my 11 piggies.

umm blue merle guinea pig? my mom said thats not possable, she studied piggie gentics very closly for a long time because of poppy who appeared to have a, lilec patch AND a chocolat patch with is not geneticly possable either. do you have any pictures? I think I know whent it could be I just cant remeber the name for it.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I just looked it up, apperently there is a such thing, sort of, its not really any colour but aperently is most accuartly descirbed as blue merle, its not a real piggie colour however
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

What about a sweet G.P.? mine liked to be held, but they would pee if i held them for too long

arent mice cuddley I dont really know if they are LOL!! isent Peaches cuddley?(We Need More peaches Pics) to your hand?? Rex is just in a different way. hmmm a cuddley animal?? Im not sure
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

Chinchillas that are hand raised , can be very cuddly I sold one to a girl who from the mintue she got home from school , he would sit on her shoulder and snuggle under her hair. He would stay that way till she went to bed. If you get a older one spend olots of time and they can be very cuddly.

Now that I think of it any type of small animal can be cuddly in there own cuddly way. Its all about Trust between the owner and the animal.

Thanx everyone! Me and my dad have been talking about getting a Guinie Pig, well 2 g/p, even went to Adopt one from our SPCA. My rats are cuddly. But they would much ratehr explore! LOL. I get them out everyday and they enjoy cuddling, but would rather me set them loose in the bathroom! (which they get to do every saturday and wednesday night).

Peaches- Is awesome. I love getting her out. She will come out and just sit on my knee or hand and I can watch tv for hours without her moving I'll take some pics in a min for you

Chinchillas- They have one at the pet store that is SO cute! He's been there for almost 2 months now, poor guy! Don't know if I would like one though, hmm?? Ferrets I've never met a nice ferret. I'm sure they are out there! Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to bash them or anything, it's just, they kinda, scare me. LOL. I do have to admit though, they are EXTREMLY cute!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka