Thread: Yevgeniy the russian blue and purring

Yevgeniy the russian blue and purring

I have read once that if a cat has had a bad kitten-hood so to speak, and therefor haven't learned to purr in that period, they will most of the time never start purring....even though they're happy now. Maybe that is what is going on with Yevgeniy.
    the ancient Egyptians worshipped cats like Gods; cats have never forgotten this.

What a beautiful kitty!! I once had a Russian Blue, and he used to purrrrrrrrr like a truck, so I know they can! I've had other cats, though, that were not really purr-ers, even though they were happy, so maybe it's just a personality thing ....

purring....

What a sweetie! Evidently purring IS something you learn as a kitten...over the years I have had two cats -- both of whom were strays--who didn't purr. One learned all at once at about 5 years of age and made up for lost time ever after. My current kitty--Bob--tries very hard to purr, but just can't seem to get the knack! I think it must be like whistling--once you get the idea you never forget...
    So--don't give up! your guy may still start to purr--any time.

PAW
    paw

Lets see, my Allen never purred until we got Pouncer (who purrs like crazy.) At first Allen's purr was so soft that you didn't know he was purring (you had to have your ear up against his chest in order to actually be sure it was a purr!) then it gradually got louder so that you can hear it... though its still considerably lower than Pouncer's.

We had a cat named Tiny when I was growing up, and he only drank out of the faucet too! I loved that and actually trained Pouncer ot do that, but it kinda backfired becaue he only wants it from the bathroom sink and is usually sitting in the sink when people need to shave or brush their teeth! A least he also drinks from a bowl.

Whata beautiful cat he is! You are lucky people to be chosen by him.

Good Morning, Yevgeniy!

First, I'd love to know how to pronounce your name...and second, could your purrrson post a photo that shows what has to be a wonderful face??? You have beautiful furr...it would just be nice to see the rest of you! It is terrific to meet you, and I'll bet one of these days a purrrr will be found! You are obviously loved, and we wish you a long and happy furrlife! Catgratulations on being today's COTD!

Noserubs, snuggles and purrs...Bari and the Cat Happy Pride

Your wonderful Russian Blue coloring stopped me cold when I saw your picture.

How dear to see a sleeping kitty this early in the morning.

Congratulations on being our special Cat of the Day and also for knowing exactly the right family to live with.

Yevgeniy is one handsome cat ,and that is a wonderul photo of him . And some of my cats do not purr , but I know that they are Happy. As is Yevgeniy COTD!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

A cat that learned to purr (sort of ...)

I adopted my cat from the shelter and he also probably had a tough life before being rescued (he's just a regular domestic short haired orange tabby). When I first got him he didn't purr ... but one day I noticed that he was breathing like cats do when the purr (short & fast) but there wasn't any purring sound. He continued to do that and if I put my ear close to his side I can hear a tiny purr sound. After a year he's got a little louder but not much and most people can't tell he's purring. He startles very easily (even when sleeping) and I think that he must have learned that before when he was younger. I guess both our cats must have had it tough as kittens and didn't learn how to purr like most cats do. But some seem to be able to learn as they get older ... I guess the most important thing is they now have good and safe homes to live as happy cats!

Purr..fect

What a wonderful kitty! My cat Sugar purrs all the time especially when he's scared or at the Vet. The doctor has to turn on the water just to hear his little heart.

My kitty Kiko barely purrs only when she crawls under my blankets and flops next to my belly.

My cat Monkey Friend (RIP) use to cover his eyes just like Yegeniy when he was sleeping. It is so cute to see.

http://community.webshots.com/user/grnseaturtle

Are you playing Peek-a-Boo with us, Sweet Yevgeniy? I wanna see your cute little face--I just know it's as gorgeous as that Russian Blue coat of yours! You are so cute--I just love your playful pose!!

So your name sounds Russian too, is it? I think that since you've been saving your Purr Motor for a special occasion, you should celebrate being in the SpotLight today and just Purr, Purr away!!! I'm so happy to meet you!

What a pleasure it is to meet you today Yevgeniy. I think it is so cute when kitties sleep with their pawsies over their face. It's too bad though that we couldn't see your cute face or too see if you have pretty green eyes like another Russian Blue that we know.
    My Katie and Chipper have nice purrs, but with my Mooky, you would need a stethoscope to hear his, if he purrs at all.

Congratulations sweetie on being our COTD.

Hope you get lots of special treats on your special day.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Our Miracle Christmas Kitten

I've never done this before, however, a friend introduced my husband and myself to this website sending us the picture of the Russian Blue cat...whose name I can't pronounce - Yevgeniv.

I hope this story touches your hearts. The Thursday after Thanksgiving I was making coffee in the kitchen very early (5:30) and heard a crying sound. Obviously it was very dark outside still...ignored it for a few minutes and then peered though the kitchen window and saw movement on our windowsill... went through the garage and outside and this kitten jumped down to the next ledge and into my arms. I'll start this out with saying that although I am a fanatic about animals, I'm NOT crazy about cats...a little fearful perhaps and unfortunately alergic (if I hold them and then touch my eyes/face)...still love animals - took this little one in my arms into the garage and wrapped him in one of my woolen horse blankets...put a heating pad on the seat of our golf cart and put the blankets on top of it... opened a can of tuna and put out water...

...the weekend came and went...we'd sent an announcement on the community website, notified the shelter, put an ad in the local paper, called the pro shop and guard gates... no answer/respond and by Monday a.m. we'd fallen in love with him....extremely, EXTREMELY social and wanting love and attention...he HAD to have been someone's pet I thought. My husband took him to our vet...and that is when we found out he was about 6 months old, un-neutured, ear mites, no micro chip...

The end result that day was that he got his shots, de-wormed, bathed, neutered (gosh I sure hope he wasn't someone's show cat!), and medication for his ears.

We named him Toby - he owns the house and us, as well as our two 100+ pound Boxers - everyone snuggles and loves each other. I would have bet anyone ANYTHING that I'd ever have a kitten that I kissed, hugged and allowed to truly own the house - it just wasn't going to happen.

Well, it did and we are thrilled beyond belief.

We went out of town shortly after he "found" us - and believe me, we believe that he "found" us and he's a little Christmas miracle from Heaven - the lady who stays here at our house while we go away came over before so she could meet the new addition and said..."oh, OH, you have a Russan Blue" - we had no idea what she was talking about - now, now we know.

Thank you for sending the picture of your Russian Blue - he could be an identical twin of Toby's!

Look forward to corresonding with you.

Thank you!