Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ads

What would become of Pet Talk if there were no ads? It would not be free.

I do not see the ads when I am in a version of Netscape on the Mac, but I do when I'm in Internet Explorer on the same machine ... Gini, what platform are you on?

I'm on IE on the Mac, and I don't see ads.

Originally posted by Karen
    I do not see the ads when I am in a version of Netscape on the Mac, but I do when I'm in Internet Explorer on the same machine ... Gini, what platform are you on?
    Karen, Internet Explorer on a PC. I told Kim (Ramanth) that I thought I was crazy because I sure don't see any ads - not even a popup.
    Instead of complaining about an ad, I am miffed I am not getting any. You just can't please everyone, can you?

The Google ads are based on javascript. If you do not have javascript turned on or you have ad blocking software or javascript does not work as expected on your machine you will see no ads.

Paul

Originally posted by Paul
       The Google ads are based on javascript. If you do not have javascript turned on or you have ad blocking software or javascript does not work as expected on your machine you will see no ads.

Paul
    I have javascript but my netscape browser is so old, I see no adds. That's ok with me, as long as I can still see the critters, that's all that matters to me!

Please no suggestions on updating my browser. I am not computer literate that way and would get in such a mess, I wouldn't be able to get on at all!

I can see the ads on my computer, and I have absolutely no problem with them. I was expecting something big and blinking, lol...but nope, no such luck.