Thread: Woman convicted in dog-mauling death is freed

Woman convicted in dog-mauling death is freed

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/01/02/do....ap/index.html

Woman convicted in dog-mauling death is freed

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- A woman convicted of involuntary manslaughter along with her husband in the dog-mauling death of a San Francisco neighbor was released from prison after serving more than half of a four-year sentence, a television station reported.

Marjorie Knoller, 48, was picked up Thursday from Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla by a friend and traveled to Ventura County in Southern California, where she will serve out her parole, KTVU-TV reported.

Prison officials announced Wednesday that Knoller, a former defense attorney whose license to practice was suspended upon her conviction, would be released this week.

Knoller's husband, Robert Noel, 62, was released on parole in September. The two were convicted in March 2002 in the death of Diane Whipple, 33, who was attacked in the hallway of their apartment building by the couple's two mammoth presa canarios.

Noel reduced his four-year sentence by working in prison and staying out of trouble, officials said.

Russ Heimerich, a spokesman for the state Department of Corrections, said Knoller refused to work part of the time, delaying her release.

The couple kept the dogs for a state prison inmate and avowed Aryan Brotherhood member whom they had adopted.

Knoller and Noel are appealing their convictions. The state Attorney General's office, meanwhile, is appealing a judge's dismissal of Knoller's conviction of second-degree murder in the case.

KTVU said Knoller refused to be interviewed on-camera but that she told the network she was unhappy about being released because she did not know what she would do in Southern California.

Noel, who was paroled to Solano County, more than 300 miles away from where his wife will be living, expressed relief over her release. "I'm happy beyond words and absolutely relieved she is out," he said.

I think perhaps one of the things that bothered me most about this woman was her total lack of remorse and denial of responsibility for what happened, blaming the woman's perfume as a possible reason for the attack.

She still lacks remorse. Not sure if she still blames the woman for wearing perfume, but she still lacks remorse.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

She is a horrible person, uncaring about the death she caused, and she has ruined the reputation of a spectacular breed of dog. Karma will catch up to her.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Can they forbid her to own more dogs?

I hope so. I hate people who are irrisponsable about thier dogs. Maybe someone should invent a licence to keep them (dogs) so morons could be weeded out so breeds dont get bad names.

Unfortulately, animals are treated more like property than living creatures. I won't say any more on the subject because there will be other people defending this scum. Just like the last post I did here.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06