Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do/did you want to be when you grow up?

What do/did you want to be when you grow up?

Okay, I'm curious, what do all the younger PTers want to be when they "grow up"? And for those with careers already, what DID you want to be when you were GROWING up? Are you doing it?

Strange as it seems, I'd like to work promoting the United States Pacifist Party when I get older, behind the scenes though, doing something literary. How about the rest of you?

Bart and Wiggum:
    In the Spotlight

well, i'm not really sure, i wanted to be a vet for about 6 years until about a year ago when i decided i wasn't sure then a couple of months ago i want ed to be a lawyer, now i might be a vet, so i'm really not sure. but i want to live on a farm with lots of horse and pets.

Hehe... I've been told I'd make a good lawyer: I guess another reason why we're so much alike.

Bart and Wiggum:
    In the Spotlight

I also wanted to be a vet but I never pursued it. I'm now a dental technician and I don't really like my job.
    I dream of doing some kind of work that involves working with animals.

I wanted to be a vet for many years, but now I want to be a photographer. I love taking pictures.

I WANTED to be an animal caretaker at Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo.

I'm CURRENTLY a Shipping Associate for a catalog company.

I'd like to SOMEDAY be a chef. I've done a lot of thinking recently and that's what I think I'd be happiest doing for a living. I wanted for many years to get a master's degree in business, but never knew what I wanted to do with it. It just occurred to me how much I enjoy cooking, baking, creating different meals, etc... and it donged on me... I could do this for a living! So now I'm looking further into culinary schools.

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

For many years I wanted to be a vet, then I wanted to be a dog groomer. Now, I want to be a Animal Cop, the animal planet shows inspired me

I want to be a vet definately. I have wanted to be a vet ever since I learned what one was. Vet was accually my first word.
    I help out at the local vet clinic. I like to help out with surgeries too, and horse shots, teeth cleaning, etc. I have loved helping out ever since my first day there. I am also NOT squamish around blood. Good thing too.

I want to be the owner/manager of an animal shelter and a photographer. I don't know if I'll get to be either of those, but I am going to go to college to be a dog trainer, so that's what I'll be if my "dream jobs" never come true.

Some jobs that I wanted in the past when I was growing up were (in no particular order): vet, large animal vet, vet tech, horse trainer/jockey (pfft I'm too heavy to be a jockey), singer, pet store owner, dog bakery owner, GSD breeder, boxer, model, lawyer, Dog hotel owner, dog groomer...ummm I can't think of anymore. It's amazing how we change our mind so quickly, isn't it?
    I've been BOO'd!

I want to be a dog trainer. I'd love to do hands on work and work with dogs all day. I'd get to bring my dogs with me to work and help others bond with their dogs. Tikeyas_mom, Wolfsoul and I want to take a course at Canada West Canine Centre (I think Tikeyas_mom is going to take an earlier program though). Kai and Kaedyn's instructors went to that program and seem very qualified and recommended it so I'll most likely go there.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    (I think Tikeyas_mom is going to take an earlier program though).
    Actually I believe that Jynnelle is considering going a year later. That may just mean that we can all get in at the same time! That would be awesome lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    Actually I believe that Jynnelle is considering going a year later. That may just mean that we can all get in at the same time! That would be awesome lol.
    Really? WICKED! We can all rent a place together. Ohhh all those doggies. I'll be bringing my current two and my third one for the program and you guys will have to bring at least one dog each for the program. Wow, 3 people 5 dogs lol. Great fun.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

i had milloins of other things i wanted to be, but htose only lasted about a week or a month. it went sonmething like: jockey, event rider(when i was too tall and fat to be a jockey) horse trainer, horse breeder, songer(then i got kicked out of the chior ), , dog trainer, therapist, teacher. and lots of other things have crossed my mind...

I really wanted to be an astronaut. Once I got a little older, I wanted to be a fasion designer. I actually was enrolled at the Fasion Institute of Design and Merchandising in San Diego. I got this wise idea to get into ministry and go to Bethany Bible college instead, so I backed out of FIDM.

As of right now, if I had the opportunity to pick any job in the world, I honestly would pick the job that I have now. I love my job. (I'm an outside tech for the phone company.)

I want to be a vet, have always wanted to be a vet, and will always want to be a vet. But other things have come to mind, like maybe a Day Care worker, maybe have my own daycare, because I like kids so much. Photography is another option. Translator, if I continue taking Spanish or something. There are lots of things I'd like to be. But basically anything in the animal business, with kids, or in a doctor position.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.