Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: I think I found my dog....

Me too! I probably could have if I really wanted too, but I didn't want Mike to despise Uma.

I'm so sorry Tonya.

I'm sure you made the right decision, and it's good that two of them got a good home.

Again, I'm so sorry.

Bart and Wiggum:
    In the Spotlight

That's OK. I figured the odds weren't in my favor anyway, but I always have to ask when someone says something. But look what you did! You found both of them homes!!!! Even if you couldn't take Uma you found her and her chi friend a nice home, away from those evil people. Good for you!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

That had to be really tough for you, but I think you probably made the best choice. If there are lingering doubts going on, the dog would have sensed it too I'm sure. I'm so glad to hear two of the dogs got a new home though. I hope the others can get out of that situation too.. that guy has no business owning dogs
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm going to wait about a week before I report him. Hopefully they'll take the dogs, but I doubt it. They are neglected, but not totally horrible conditions. They aren't diseased and I don't think they are fought.

Originally posted by Tonya
    I'm going to wait about a week before I report him. Hopefully they'll take the dogs, but I doubt it. They are neglected, but not totally horrible conditions. They aren't diseased and I don't think they are fought.
    Whether or not they are fought or diseased is not the whole picture. Whether the conditions they are kept in are violated the specific laws of the area, that is what will determine whether or not they are taken.

For example, here dogs have to have food, water and shelter. No shelter is a violation of the law, and the dog will be confiscated ... whether or not it is sick or being fought is irrelevant. Report him anyway, and if you have pictures, show the to AC.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Remember Whetto? He had wounds all over his body that were obviously bite marks. AC told Mike that Whetto hasn't been fought and that we need to give Whetto back to his owners. He said that Whetto would have a better life with them then at the pound. (I filed a complaint as high up as possible, they told me that he would be reprimanded, BTW. But no one ever came back and took Whetto or the other pits there.) The officer (not a vet) told me that looks like a skin condition. The owner told me the wounds were from ramming the fence. (Although they are all over him.) Regardless of how the wounds were caused, the owner should be locked up for letting them get infected. This dog had puss and blood everywhere.

Of course, I will still report him, but I don't have alot of faith with AC.