Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Ragdoll cat

My Ragdoll cat

Ragdolls are the best cats ever

Here's Willow, a seal bicolor Ragdoll at 6 mths old. Sorry the pic isn't perfect, there wasn't enough light and I couldn't find the "pause" button on my cat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh what a cutie! I've always loved Ragdolls and hope I see some at the cat show this weekend. Thanks for sharing! Could we have more pics of the little cutie?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Thanks for the picture.

Willow certainly is a pretty kitty.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

I also have a ragdoll she is very sweet. She loves to be groomed. And she is very lappy. She does get upset is another of the cats are in my lap and she wants to be there, she doesn't share my lap very well. She will fuss at them and then hiss. With her tiny voice it is very funny. Then if they don't get down she will give me a look and turn flip her tail up and walk away. She will be 8 yrs. old in March. She is a seal point mitted. Her name is Petty Paws Dixie Blaze R.P. Cathouse. As you can see she has a Blaze.

Stella
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Aww, how cute!

Stella- your ragdoll is so pretty!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

They're both gorgeous. I think that my Sky is a Ragdoll Mix. What do you think?

He's not a lap cat now but may become one when he gets older. He's also much fluffier now than in the previous pics. He was shaved when I adopted him so it's taken about 6 months for his fur to grow out.

Sky sure looks like a Ragdoll to me.

Though I don't think anyone would have crossed his Ragdoll with a moggie and then give the kittens to a shelter .... if we all found a ragdoll-looking kitten at our door, we wouldn't pay for a purebred

Willow is adorable!! I think ragdolls have beautiful markings.

Stella - yours is beautiful too - just like all your cats.

KAK - I hadn't noticed until I saw this other pics but Sky does look like he has ragdoll in him. He's so cute!

From Decker with Love

Wonderful~

What a beautiful kitty!

Originally posted by kath00
    Sky sure looks like a Ragdoll to me.

Though I don't think anyone would have crossed his Ragdoll with a moggie and then give the kittens to a shelter .... if we all found a ragdoll-looking kitten at our door, we wouldn't pay for a purebred
    He was either owned by someone and abandoned or he ran away from home. All I know is that he was found as a stray and taken to the Humane Society. I happened to be at a cat show and they were there with several cats that were up for adoption. He was everyone's favorite so they were very happy when I adopted him.

My Storm is also a shelter cat and is a Maine Coon mix. Sunny is an Aby mix and Cirrus looks like a Bengal/Occitcat mix and they're both from rescue organizations. It is possible to adopt a purebred cat from shelters and rescues. When I was looking for my first cat, I held a Scottish Fold and didn't even know anything about the breed. This was at my local Humane Society.

I have just discovered Ragdolls recently and have fallen in love with them. I keep telling my husband that if we ever get a cat that this is what I want. Do they have great personalities? I would love to hear about them.

Robin

A scottish fold at a shelter ? My gosh... I will go there more often !

RobiLee, yes raggies are known for their sweet, laid-back temperament. They even flop in the arms of their owners The best way to get a "true" laid-back Ragdoll is to find a good breeder and ask him for a kitten with a particularly relaxed and out-going temperament. Those cats are amazing !

Future owner of a Ragdoll (I can't wait 'til August 21th!)

Originally posted by kath00
    Though I don't think anyone would have crossed his Ragdoll with a moggie and then give the kittens to a shelter
    Stupid people ill treat and abandon pure breeds/mixes and moggies. Just because a cat was expensive doesn't mean it will get a good home.

Kelly, adopted a rescue pure breed abby

Donna, Has several pure breeds including sweet Moo, I *think* they are all rescue.

Originally posted by RobiLee
    I have just discovered Ragdolls recently and have fallen in love with them. I keep telling my husband that if we ever get a cat that this is what I want. Do they have great personalities? I would love to hear about them.
    Personality is individual to the cat not a breed. I have heard of two agressive ragdolls of this site. Someone's mum has one and SAS's RB ragdoll was aggressive in his previous home (another PT home) but really bonded and calmed down with SAS's Abbies.

IMO I would look to adopt a rescue cat, there are rescue shelter for practically every breed. If you contact a Ragdoll rescue, you could get the breed you want and yet rescue a cat too.

PS. My Tuxedo Milo, acts just like a ragdoll and flops in my arms and likes to be rocked like a baby, so that trait is found in other cats. In fact the cat shelter we got Milo from also had a kitten which did the same thing.

NB. Ragdolls are very apt to get lost and have no road sense what's so ever. Every Ragdoll must be kept as an inside only cat at all times.

I have never heard of Ragdoll and although I have looked at the photos I am still unsure what a Ragdoll is! Does anyone know where the name comes from - is it a slang name?
    JulieG