Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Timmy's real sick

Oh my...I am sitting here in tears...

...For Timmy, get well soon honey

...For Jen, who should know better than to blame herself. These things happen and Timmy certainly has the best foster and furever mummy's to deal with this situation. {{{Hugs}}} to Jen.

....For Timmy new mummy, what a wonderful lady, sending {{{Hugs}}} your way too

....For OnebyOne, for offering to help with the vet bills

....For Cinder & Smoke being on the God line

...For everyone at Pet Talk, all over the world, coming together to pray for one special cat to get better.

Jen you know you did all you could. It's cause you have a kind soft heart that you feel this way. A friend just adopted a foster who was going to be put down because of an eye infection. The eye needless to say is treatable but she also had cat flu and passed it on to her other cat. Timmy could have picked something up from just about anywhere. After many vet visits, hospital stays and tests for both they are on the mend and doing well. She does not regret in the least getting her new kitty . Apparently this cat flu spreads like human flu and you don't even realize that just petting a sick cat and then another can spread it.

Poor Timmy. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

Big hugs Jen

Jen I realize that you feel responsible, but you know that you are not. Just remember that because of you Timmy has a chance that he may not have gotten otherwise. Thanks for doing what you do.

I also think that offering to help with the bills is fantastic. I have not heard of a shelter offering to do this and I think it is marvelous.

Prayers for a fast and speedy recovery for little Timmy. Also for the foster mommy to help her get through this tough time. Please pass along our hope for Timmy's recovery, if you can.

Jen, prayers of comfort for you too.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Jen, I am sad to hear that dear Timmy is so sick, but glad to hear he has such a loving new mommie.
    I know you did the best you could when you were taking care of him. Please let us know how Timmy is doing, if you are able to keep in touch with his new mommie.
    Hugs to you.
    Steffi and Lovable

Sending positive thoughts to Timmy and his new mum.

There's nothing you could have done, Jen. We all know you wouldn't have put him up for adoption if he was sick. Sometimes these things happen at the worst possible time and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Oh no, poor Timmy! And poor Jen!!!

Jen, you know you can't blame yourself for any of this. The letter you wrote is the most beautiful letter I've ever read. I don't know how his mommy will be able to read it without breaking into tears - like I did.

We'll definitely be sending thoughts and prayers his way hoping he gets better real soon so he can go back to his wonderful furrever home and be with his new mommy who loves him so very much.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh Jen, I am so sorry to hear that little Timmy has taken sick, but as you said, he didn't show any signs of being sick, so how could you have known. Please don't come down hard on yourself as it was not your fault. You didn't know. You are one of the best foster mommy's there is and don't you forget it.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts that Timmy has a complete and full recovery.

(((((HUGS))))) to you Jen for support and bless Timmy's new mommie for taking such good care of him.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I just read this and I'm crying. Poor little precious Timmy. Not so long ago we all prayed for him to find a forever home and that prayer was answered by a loving caring Angel. Timmy went from the arms of one loving Angel right into the arms of another. How blessed little Timmy is. We will now say more prayers that Timmy will recover quickly so he can enjoy his new and wonderful forever home.
    God Bless you Jen, and Bless Timmy's new meowmie, and a very special healing for little Timmy.

Please keep us posted when you get more info Jen.

Prayers on the way for Timmy and all who love him.
    Thankfully, he has wonderful people who care for him and are willing to get him the help he needs. I shudder to think what his fate may have been if he got sick in a shelter.

((HUGS))
    Timmy get well soon sweetheart. You are much loved!

Jen, just from the short time I have been on this board, I have learned what a caring, compassionate person you are. You couldn't have avoided this, it just happens. It's amazing that One on One offered to pay the bills. What a wonderful place that has to be.
    Little Timmy.......I just have a feeling in my heart that you are going to recover and live a happy and healthy life with your very special new Mommy.
    Now my two kitties are looking at me and wondering why I am crying.
    Please keep us posted.
    Darrolanne from CA

Jen. everything I have read on this forum about you leads me to believe that you are a fantastic and truly wonderful person for caring the way you do, and you care so much because you love so much. Until my Gi got sick I never had any idea how hard it is to look after sick animals. All we can do most of the time is guess how they feel and they can hide illness well at times too. Please don't feel bad - you have nothing to feel bad about. Every day since Gigi died I have lit a candle for her. I have one burning now and also one for my friends cat Billy Bandit who died last New Years Eve. I shall now light one for all the other animals who are at RB and one for all the animals who never had anyone to love them and look after them. I shall also light a special one for Timmy and all the other sick animals in the world.
    JulieG

A sigh of relief

I haven't been able to get Timmy off my mind. So I just got off the phone with his new mom. He is home as of yesterday. He is eating VERY well. No vomiting. No diarrhea. He is playful and acting normal AND leaving his stitches alone. He needs to take 5 medicines. His mom said she needed to create a chart to keep track of them. Some of them are 3 times a day. He gets his stitches out in 10 to 14 days. And all we can do is wait for the tests results.
    One by One will be paying for his surgery (I know that I myself will be donating my Christmas "buy a new computer" money to Timmy's cause). AND One by One will work out some sort of arrangement IF Timmy will end up needing long term medication (the test results will tell us that). I guess I picked the right organization to volunteer with, huh?

Here's what Timmy's mom had to say:
    "In our cellar I had an old sock filled with catnip. Well, this morning I found this sock, upstairs on the 2nd floor, on my bed with the catnip spread ALL over the place......I know who did that! "

She loves him!!!!!!!!

I appreciate the update. I am happy to hear that he seems to be doing well. Hopefully the tests will come back with good results. I can't imagine 5 different medications. I charted Joey's and she only had 2.

It is also very nice to hear that Timmy found a home that he is happy in and that cares for and loves him so much.

I will continue to keep little Timmy in my prayers.

Yes Jen, you did pick a fantastic place to do rescue work for.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Thanks for the update. I'm glad Timmy is happy in himself and back home.

I'll continue to pray that the new tests will bring good news.

Bless you Jen for donating your new PC money to the shelter what a generous and unselfish act.