Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone black/white at our birdfeeder...not a jaybird...

Willie sure is a gorgeous looking cat bird. Hopefully he'll soon gain your trust so you'll be able to approach him and give him some scritches.

Thanks for all your wonderful replies...but I know it will be a long long way to go with Willie and maybe he never trusts, but I hope he'll be happy around here...
    There's been a young black/white cat in an amazing plight few years ago around here, covered in ticks and very thin...I've informed the local animal organisation, they've tried to trap him, but they've failed and ever since this cat was gone... ...until this summer, when suddenly Willie (as we named him back then) appeared again in our garden...
    First I wasn't sure wether these two cats are the same, but I am now quite sure, although this cat now looks quite well fed (he's a keen hunter and they are fed at a feeding station close by) )...back in the summer I've phoned in to the local animal organization again to hear about the strays in our area and they said all have been trapped/altered/released...
    But now (as he comes closer to the windows) I think I've seen something hidden under Willie's tail ...I am now pretty sure he's not neutered...
    I'll phone again with the organisation to get a trap as soon as he trusts us more and as soon as the weather will be fine again, because they can't board him anywhere after surgery and he would surely freak out when he wouldn't be released quickly...

I think he very much enjoys our garden and it's funny that he and Nellie have certain time schedules who's turn it is to roam the garden...if they meet they just curiously look at each other and go their way...

I hope everything works out fine and we won't fail again trapping him...please keep him in your thoughts for a happy ending!!!
    Thanks...
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

Great pictures of Willie!

What a sweet photo!
    How does Nellie react to him? Do you think there's a chance to adopt him one day?
    He's such as beautiful boy!

edited to say: I just saw your last reply, so this answers my questions. I'm at my mother's comp in the restaurant right now and they have such a slow connection.

Kirsten

He is so handsome! I just can't wait till he lets you near him/touch him.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Now that is a clever Cat! It is like the expression , that the Late Sportscaster Red Barber used to use , sitting in The Catbirds seat. Which means to be sitting , where you have an advantage.Hopefully some day , you can make him your own. Found Cats are praying.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

No way!!! That is just way, way too cute!!!

I love those pictures so much, I think I'll print them and take them to work. If anyone is a jerk to me, I'll stare at them.

Soooooooooo cute!!!!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...