Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A pack of animal haters in my house

A pack of animal haters in my house

Guess what??? A pack of ANIMAL HATERS are IN MY HOUSE!!!
    My own family!! Sigh.... Oh well, one is leaving tomorrow.....
    But, one is staying here for a while. He always calls my dogs stupid, and makes fun of them.
    How will I deal with him for a while? Oh well, I have dealed with him before. I know his moves. Maybe I could... Never mind. Thought I had a news flash. Anyhow...

Any ideas on how to keep him under control?

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

Ignore him.
    Keep the animals on good behavior, and play iwth them nicely. Demonstrate what a joy animals can be.

When he says something about "Stupid dog" just say, "You;re just jealous ...." and leave it ambiguous as to what he's jealous of.

After all, he's not known the joy of pet ownership, the bond you share with them, and is just missing out on a good part of life.

He SHOULD be jealous!

I can't help myself..I have to ask:

What is up with all your complaint threads!?! I think I have only read one thread where you aren't complaining about something.

Like Karen said...ignore them.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Lots of stuff to complain about. I don't know where else to go. This is the only animal site that I can accually talk to people about stuff. The tape around the mouth, animal haters, shock collars etc.
    This time of year I have PLENTY of stuff to talk about. I do not mean to be a buggy pest or anything. It's just that I was so mad last night after what my grandmama and my brother were talking about me and my animals last night, I was just steaming red in the face.
    Things can make me MAD easily. Especially if it has something to do with animals. I am bad things.

I have a thread that I was about to post about my horse Molly. IT IS NOT A COMPLAINT!! I would check it out.

I like the comment, "intersting thought you have, thanks for sharing". All said with a smile on your face.

You can't make someone think/love like you do. So, ignore them, and move on.

I'm sorry you have someone in your house that makes you feel bad. I understand totally. Ignore them. Just enjoy your pets.

Originally posted by petlover
    Things can make me MAD easily. Especially if it has something to do with animals.
    I know exactly what you are talking about! I am the same way too when it comes to animals! Sometimes I get a little TOO mad so I have to stop and ask myself a bunch of question to make me think twice!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Re: A pack of animal haters in my house

Originally posted by petlover

Any ideas on how to keep him under control?

ummmmm.....sic(sp?) your dogs on him
    just kidding....i guess jus tignore him, but i know i wouldn't be able to ignore him....

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    I know exactly what you are talking about! I am the same way too when it comes to animals! Sometimes I get a little TOO mad so I have to stop and ask myself a bunch of question to make me think twice!
    I always get TOO mad too! Sometimes I don't stop to ask myself questions though... I should.

Re: Re: A pack of animal haters in my house

Originally posted by G.P.girl
    ummmmm.....sic(sp?) your dogs on him
    just kidding....i guess jus tignore him, but i know i wouldn't be able to ignore him....
    Ohhhh, I can't ignore them either. I can... but I caught them talking about my animals and I behind my back was the bad bad part.
    I also was in tears today when he said something that he knew would just tear me up.

You see, the lamb that I had last year died this summer due to a bad sickness.
    When I was brushing Fleece today ( new lamb) we started talking about the show. He asked me if I was going to sell her at the sell. I said yes, but I was also going to keep her. ( You can do that, it is just a lot of explaining so bare with me here )
    Well, so he said it. Here it is...

Jeremy: So what? After the show in the summertime you are going to burry her by the other lamb?
    Jan: Why would you say that?
    Jeremy: Because Cinnamon dies and so will this one.

Here is a pic. of Cinnamon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You are a good person. I would have lost it right there, when he said that!

Cinnamon, is beautiful! Looks like a sweetie!

Part of growing up is learning to deal with people like that. Another part is learning to control your temper, instead of letting it control you.

I repeat - ignore him/them. By letting them make you angry, you are giving them power over you. That's the last thing you want, right?

Sounds like Jeremy purposely knows how to get under your skin and get a reaction. I take it it's an older brother! It takes a lot of self training, and it's horrendously hard, but ignore with a smile (I prefer a smirk, personally) may do the trick. He knows he can rock your boat, but hold your balance and stay calm. It'll make you THE better person! Never belittle yourself to that level! EVER!

I've been Boooo'd!

K9 Karen, you have the best Idea for dealing with this.

Tell him "I didn't get them for YOU!" No thatt'll probably start a war, but you can think it.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb