Thread: Cat Fights

Cat Fights

At the risk of sounding blood thirsty, I have to admit I love watching my cats fight. I know they do it lovingly. I think there's only been one time when hair flew and hissing ensued, so I take it they're just giving each other some much needed exercise.

The best part is watching how Bettie has really grown and learned new tactics. Boo used to always pin her down and win, but now she's learning how to best take advantage of her litheness and small size.

Boo might have the brawn, but Bettie has the grace. They are definitely equals. In fact, I worry that as Bettie grows Boo might be in serious trouble.

Do you guys like to watch your cats wrestle?

Re: Cat Fights

Originally posted by Soledad

Do you guys like to watch your cats wrestle?
    As a matter of fact, I do! I went through six+ years of watching my oldest son wrestle throughout his school years and the technique is just the same: The face off, the postering, circling, the swatting and swinging, the actual shooting and take down, legrides, headlocks, and finally...the PIN!! The winner struts around and the loser licks his wounds

Sam and I practically get out the popcorn, it's so exciting.

I usually find myself routing for one or the other.

Soledad, I love when they are wrestling, poor little Grover trys her best to get that big lazy Stubby to fight and play with her. She is just at that age when she wants somebody to play with her and wrestle with.

She does manage to get him to sometimes, and then other times she goes after me.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

We crack up watching them fight. We always know that they love eachother enough to not truly injure eachother. The funny part I like is afterwards when Ron walks away all mad because Raven won. He has the funniest expressions after losing a battle.

Thank you Wolfie!

Sometimes our cats' play turns into a fight instead. Costello (the Aby) is much stronger than Tess so he always wins. But they never hurt each other and their claws are cut, so they aren't that sharp. It looks worse than it is.

There's also a little movie (with sound!) at our website when the cats are fighting. You'll find it under the link "Mini Movies". Hope you like it!
    http://www.abycat.com

The fights over here almost always start with Boo trying to look all innocent as he grooms Bettie. He will then give Bettie a hardy bite and then groom her if he knows I'm looking. Like, "what? I'm just grooming her??" Little brat.

As I type the two are laying on their sides with their paws around each other's necks.

We also get a good laugh when the rumble begins! As long as it doesn't get too ugly then I don't intervene. I will just watch and laugh at their silly struts and crab walks! (thats what I call them anyway). Sammy and Leroy will occasionally trade swats back and forth. It is so funny because both of them will have their ears pinned, eyes closed and the paws flying! The funny part is they never touch each other!!!! Goofy cats!!

There is NOTHING I would prefer to watch over my cats playing with each other (or even amusing themselves with a toy) or in Kim's case, her own tail

Yes!

Jasmine is our Growling Fighter Cat. Mini is our useless fighter, and usually just tries to swat away the blows!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I have to admit: YES I do ...
    Well, I know that they really love each other, so when they wrestle, it is just a game !!

Oh sure, as long as it is all in fun!!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Yes! I love watching them play with each other. Except, of course, when it's at night on my bed while I try to sleep!

Isn't it wonderful how cats can win friends and influence people without ever reading a book.

Bramble and Tigs are our best fighters.

At first Bramble the feral kitty would pin Tigs down and kick him in the head !!! What manners for a lady !!!

Now they are grown a bit and Tigs is so much bigger, he now wins. But when he manages to pin Bramble down...he just licks her..the big softy.

From day one when we brought Tony home, the shelter said to let Princess out 2-3 hours after Tony was releashed from his cage, anyway, so we let her out 3 hours after he was home, by then Tony Thought he OWNED the place, Tony was a little guy.. and Princess was already 2 I was scared she would Attack Tony, But it was the oppisite!! Tony went running to princess jumped on her back and Knocked her down!! She disnt know what to do! She was big, he was little and he could whip her butt, when he was small it was because of the fact he was small and could run real fast and squrim away, now he is big, lean, and a fighting machine he can whip Princess and Patches together! I will have to post pictures soon!!

I see you!!!

My Kitties Are Love!

Find out what it means to me!