Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Frodo Baggins!!! **pics**

Originally posted by luckies4me
    It was YOUR responsibility to know how to sex the rats before you bring them home. You know not to rely on petshops, they don't know anything. It's not their responsibility to pay for a spay or neuter either, it's the owners.

How long have you had her? She looks around 2 months old, therefor is very much old enough to be pregnant.
    You took the words right out of my mouth Cass.

I have knowledge of ratties and know how to sex them, but I don't want to be wrong, so I am going to blame someone else for my mistake. Eh, I don't think so!

--->Seeing how it is a pet store rat, I am 99.999999999% sure it will be pregnant. I have bought 7 does from the pet store and 4 of them were pregnant. Chloe & Daisy weren't pregnant cause they were kept with all does- which is EXTREMELY rare. Suzie wasn't pregnant because of her blessing from God, because she WAS housed with males.

P.S. Cass, Wrinkles is ADORABLE! I am coming to Oregon and stealing her!!!!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I just love Wrinkles. She's so cute.

Frodo does have nipples, but I read on a sexing site that males do have nipples. Is that wrong or something?

YLL --- were all seven of your does four weeks old when you bought them?

Geez, I was only joking when I said I blame the pet shop. I'm still calling them though.

EDIT: I know this is a bit irrelevant, but I was looking at baby rat pics, and look how cute! Here . Really shows the variety you can get, eh?
    Last edited by wolfsoul; 12-21-2003 at 05:53 PM.
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by YellowLabLover

P.S. Cass, Wrinkles is ADORABLE! I am coming to Oregon and stealing her!!!!
    You know, if she ever got stolen I would pray it would be someone like you!

She's getting so old now. I am so sad because soon she won't be with me. I hope she lives forever! You know what I like most about her? Her little ears. She's always had the perkiest cutest little ears I have ever seen!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    I just love Wrinkles. She's so cute.

Frodo does have nipples, but I read on a sexing site that males do have nipples. Is that wrong or something?

Geez, I was only joking when I said I blame the pet shop. I'm still calling them though.

EDIT: I know this is a bit irrelevant, but I was looking at baby rat pics, and look how cute! Here . Really shows the variety you can get, eh?
    Thanks! She and Meeko are my two favoritest ratties in the whole world!

Buck's do not have nipples.........at least none of mine do.

You should see my current litter! And last litter I had 6 different colors. It's all in knowing who to breed to who to get the most variety in your litters. And Elizabeth is a fantastic person and has so much knowledge and experience breeding.

I really need to post pics of my current litter, as all their fur is in and they are already a week and a half old. Their eyes will be open soon!

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

You should see my current litter! And last litter I had 6 different colors. It's all in knowing who to breed to who to get the most variety in your litters. And Elizabeth is a fantastic person and has so much knowledge and experience breeding.

I really need to post pics of my current litter, as all their fur is in and they are already a week and a half old. Their eyes will be open soon!

I wanna see!
    I've been BOO'd!

YLL --- were all seven of your does four weeks old when you bought them?
    Nope, they were not. The youngest that I bought were Chloe and Daisy, they were around 7 weeks old. However, the 4 were all under 9 months old when they gave birth. And besides, Frodo is well over 4 weeks old....

Secondly, (generally) rats are not fully sexually mature until 5-6 weeks old.

Orginially posted by luckies4me
    You know, if she would ever get stolen I would pray it would be someone like you!
    Omg, that is so nice of you to say that! I feel so....so....honored!! You know darn well she would be spoiled ratten if I stole her...hehehe!!

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    And besides, Frodo is well over 4 weeks old....
    Actually, Frodo was supposedly only 4 - 4 1/2 weeks when I got her. She's grown, but she's the exact same size as Fink, my dad's rat, when she was only 4 weeks old.
    I've been BOO'd!

Actually, Frodo was supposedly only 4 - 4 1/2 weeks when I got her. She's grown, but she's the exact same size as Fink, my dad's rat, when she was only 4 weeks old.
    You said you have had her a week, and to me she looks around 2 months old, being 8 weeks. So she was ripe so to say, to get pregnant.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Really!!? She just looks so large and plump!

Then again, they lied about the sex, hopefully they didn't lie about the age!!

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

I've only had her since Tuesday though...I'm confused lol.

The rats here are only four weeks, and Frodo is only some bigger than them compared to Icarus, who is my small rat at 283 grams.

Oooh Cass --- can you tell how big a rat will be by it's feet? Ok, dumb question, but Frodo's feet are huge. I watched him lie down, and he kind of pushed his feet out, and I noticed that the bone before his feet stuck out alot. I know in dogs that's an indication of how big they will be (the bone before the foot). I don't remember Icarus's feet being that big...Then again I didn't get him until he was three months, so he was pretty much filled out..
    I've been BOO'd!

Tikeya´s mom Your Frodo is very cute He looks very funny

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Jynnelle, maybe you could give Frodo to Jordan? Maybe her mom will let her.

Originally posted by Amber
    Jynnelle, maybe you could give Frodo to Jordan? Maybe her mom will let her.
    Haha...no lol. I wish. My mom would never let me. And my rats are boys. I would spay her and stick her with Icarus; that would be cool. But I still don't even have enough money to neuter Frisco lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

Haha...no lol. I wish. My mom would never let me. And my rats are boys. I would spay her and stick her with Icarus; that would be cool. But I still don't even have enough money to neuter Frisco lol.
    Not to be mean but this is one reason why I don't really like people giving pets are presents to friends. Now look. This poor girl was adopted, thinking she finally got into a home away from a petshop, and now she either is going back to the petshop or to a guy who breeds? What if that guy breeds her? She's hairless, and hairless should only be bred by people who know what their doing. It's sad. This girl thought she was going to have a home, and now she is going to be even more stressed out! First at where she was born, then shipped off to the petshop, then to Jordan's, then to Jynelle's and then to who knows where else!

Please do not buy a pet as a present again unless the person is willing to make a FULL commitment to the animal. Make sure it's a male next time, or make sure the person will take the animal even if it is a female. It's just not fair to the animals involved. If you want to get her a rat or some other pet again, take her to go pick it out so you can possible avoid this problem in the future.

Why don't you go ahead and contact Ayri at Whispering Wise Rattery and tell her I told you guy's to ask if she could rescue him. She's a breeder, but will NOT use her for breeding, and she's a friend of mine who takes very good care of her ratties and also knows several people who do rescue. I just want this girl to find a good home. She can get you in touch with Lizzy if she can't take her, as Lizzy runs the Homefinders? pet rescue.

Jordan, you comparing your hairless girl to one of Elizabeth's rats is like comparing cheap whiskey to champaign. The hairless girl came from a petshop most likely, well obviously from a petshop/feeder breeder, and Elizabeth's rat are well pedigreed, extremely healthy HUGE rats. Have you looked at her pedigrees? She has some of the best lines in the US. Her rats are going to be healthier, therefor larger. But you said your rat is bigger, and to me she looks around 7-8 weeks of age.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I didn't just give it to her without anyone knowing. Her mom told me to get her one. If I didn't, don't you think she would?

I'll take the rat and find it a home, I'm just not able to keep it forever. I know people who might be able to take her. Don't ever think I'd actually take her back to the pet shop --- that's just evil; I'd never do that.

Why don't you go ahead and contact Ayri at Whispering Wise Rattery and tell her I told you guy's to ask if she could rescue him. She's a breeder, but will NOT use her for breeding, and she's a friend of mine who takes very good care of her ratties and also knows several people who do rescue. I just want this girl to find a good home. She can get you in touch with Lizzy if she can't take her, as Lizzy runs the Homefinders? pet rescue.
    Where is she? Lol. Is she around here somewhere? I can't get my mom to drive me anywhere, but maybe Jynnelle's mom?
    I've been BOO'd!