Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Frodo Baggins!!! **pics**

Frodo Baggins!!! **pics**

AS most of you know, Jordan *wolfsoul*, got me a hairless rat! I brang him home today!! mwaha. he is in my lil brothers room for now, he is being quarantined!.. I took some pics *in my brothers room* of him and his cage . here they are...

Frodos cute lil but

from this agle it doesnt look like he is male, but his testies havent desended yet... thought you all should know lol..

alot of light in this pic sorry

here is his cage for the next couple of weeks. plus alot of outside room play time.

here is his cage from a side angle, as you can see, lol. Can you see his lil head sticking out from uder his igloo :-D.

I hope you all liked my lil Hairless Friend!! :-P
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

AWWWWW how cute!! thanks for sharing

your very VERY welcome
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Very cute!! I can't wait to get my hairless ratties.

For the rattie to be a "him", it appears to be missing some important (extremely noticeable) parts. I see no testicles. Are you sure it's a him!? It looks like a doe.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Jynnelle, I am happy you got what you wanted, Frodo is his name, right? Anyway that is something to see one with no hair.

He is cute, do you ever get bit by these guys? Or are they pretty much tamed when you get them? I think Lin would like to have a rat, not not a boy friend, a real rat. She loves rats, lizards and snakes, always has. She seen something at a flea market one time, that looked like a small rat, but hopped like a kangaroo, have no idea what it was called. Do you know what I am talking about Jynelle? Anyway, she begged and begged for it.

Tray

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Originally posted by trayi52
    He is cute, do you ever get bit by these guys?
    I HAVE!! Not recently though. My two agouti ratties Nugget and Sweet Pea were down right vicious. They lunged at the cage wires just SMELLING human flesh. I have scars all over my hands from them. I have no clue what I did to make them attack like that. I tried my hardest to stop them. At one point it got so bad I had to put gloves on to get them. I still loved them even though I couldn't bond with them as much. Nugget and Sweet Pea are at the RB now.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

He is cute, do you ever get bit by these guys?
    Rats aren't generally biters, but if they aren't socialized then they can be pretty bad fear-biters. My rat Frisco has always been socialized with people, but not rats. So I'd always get the bite whenever he lunged for my Icarus. I have two hideous scars on my arm lol. I mean huge. One of them is puffed up like a big scab, but it's healed. Both happened when he lunged for Icarus and I put myself inbetween them. He gets so disorientated and doesn't realize what he's doing. My fault lol. I've since given up on letting them socialize.

Great pics! Sweet little guy.
    I've been BOO'd!

Jynelle, your Frodo does look like a doe. In hairless rats sometimes a doe can be mistaken as a male as their urethra is a lot more noticable then on a furred rat. You can also see a bulge down there, that looks like undecended testies. If it is indeed a male, his testicles would already have descended, as he looks well over the age, and the testicles are pretty evident as early as three weeks old. Sometimes they do not descend til later, but from the pics, SHE looks very much like a doe.

Also, to let you know, that's not a hairless, she's a double rex. There is way too much fuzz on the face for her to be a true hairless. Either that, or she is a fuzzy hairless, which is just a bad hairless.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

She seen something at a flea market one time, that looked like a small rat, but hopped like a kangaroo, have no idea what it was called. Do you know what I am talking about Jynelle? Anyway, she begged and begged for it.

Tray
    That animal sounds very much like a gerboa. Did it have a long tail and long legs? I wouldn't suggest buying any animals from a flea market, as most likely they are stolen, or forbidden animals to have in your state.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

What a cutie! Congrats on your new addition.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by luckies4me
    Jynelle, your Frodo does look like a doe. In hairless rats sometimes a doe can be mistaken as a male as their urethra is a lot more noticable then on a furred rat. You can also see a bulge down there, that looks like undecended testies. If it is indeed a male, his testicles would already have descended, as he looks well over the age, and the testicles are pretty evident as early as three weeks old. Sometimes they do not descend til later, but from the pics, SHE looks very much like a doe.
    I saw him at the petstore before I bought him though, and his testicles weren't sucked into his abdomen, they were out, and even bigger than my rats'! However, since I had him, they haven't...popped out...LOL. But the penis looks too far from the anus to be a female to me.

He's not a double rex, he's a nude ...He only has whiskers on his face. One of his parents was standard, the other other nude or hairless (The breeder didn't know).
    I've been BOO'd!

Cass, you really think so, about a flea market? I never thought of that at all. Thanks for warning me.

This little critter stood on its hind legs like a kangaroo does, see how knowledgeable I am? Smart aren't I? LOL. Yes it had a long tail, and long legs. A gerboa? I would not doubt it, seems like the state of Tennessee, forbids a lot of animals that other states allow. Bad part of Tennessee. I guess about the only thing good to buy at a flea market is fleas? LOL, I usually just go to look at the old dolls, I love old dolls and collect them. My husband goes because of the chickens.

I will watch about that kind of stuff though Cass, I really appreciate the info. Okay? Thank you.

Willie

This little critter stood on its hind legs like a kangaroo does, see how knowledgeable I am?
    Maybe a degu, or a gerbil?
    I've been BOO'd!

I don't think it was a gerbil, somebody show me a picture of a gerbil. Does anybody have a picture of a gerbil? I am just not smart in this kind of pet, I know a hamster when I see one, (I think) and I know a rat when I see one. (I'm pretty sure) and I know a guiena pig when I see one of those(I am sure about that, LOL)

Any info,I would appreciate, I will make sure I don't get anything like that from a flea market, you can rest assured of that. Thanks for your info, Cass and Jordan.

Willie