Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Gigi is gone

Julie,

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. It is astounding that such small creatures can create such huge holes in our hearts when they leave us. Their relatively short life spans are the only down side to us sharing our lives and love with these furbabies. In the end, though, our lives are so much richer with them that we accept the trade-off and welcome them into our homes and our hearts.

It sounds as if you and Lulu both need each other right now. May you find comfort in her presence and in the knowledge that the two of you will traverse this rough time together. Please come to PetTalk and spend some time with other animal lovers who understand the pain you are feeling. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care.

Bobbi

Thank you Bobbi. During Gi's illness I learnt so much and maybe my experiences will one day help someone else. I will stay at Pet Talk as I still have another beautiful cat here with me and I would love to share her with you all.
    JulieG

I'm so sorry you have lost your precious Gigi. This can't be an easy time for you, but I think you did the right thing by taking her to the vet when you did. Gigi was very ill and must have been in pain.

Rest in peace little one, free from pain and heartache.

I'm sorry I have just seen your thread. How is little Lulu after a few days?

{{{{Hugs}}}} to you both.

Dear Julie,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Gigi. know that she is safe from pain, running free at RB, just waiting until you are united again.
    RIP,
    Johanna

Hi everyone, today Gigi was cremated. She took with her a photograph of me and one of Lucy. She also took with her a little pink heart and a pink rose which was given to me by my friend Carole. Today was a beautiful sunny day so I placed a rose on the bench in the garden - her favourite place to sit. I know I have done the right thing for Gi but the pain of her not being here is just so big - I still keep thinking that I might wake up soon and it will all have been a very bad dream.

I went shopping today to buy Lulu some presents. She has some very nice new toys and has been happy to play with them. She is still fairly quiet and not eating very much, but today we shared some peanut butter on toast. That's her favourite. I love her very much.
    JulieG

Dearest Julie,

After reading your posts regarding sweet Gigi, there's no doubt in my mind that you gave her the best life any human could possibly offer a kitty. The knowledge that we have loved well and offered the very best in care for our babies eventually helps soften the terrible pain inflicted when they leave us.

I am glad that you and Lucy are able to share a special treat (peanut butter on toast - yum). Please accept a computer {{{hug}}} from a newly found friend and pass it on to Lucy for me, too. I wish the best for you both, now and in the days to come.

Take care -- Bobbi

Julie,

Rest in peace sweet Gigi

You were much loved in your earth life, now it is time to play on the bridge, free of pain.

{{hugs}}} to you and Lulu.

It is very hard to lose a beloved pet, our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Looking forward to seeing photos of Gigi & Lulu, soon

Remember that Gigi will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. You will be together again. Hugs to you and little Lucy, who needs all your love and reassurance right now. We have lost beloved, fuzzy family members and know for certain that the remaining dear four footed babies do indeed grieve. Just like we humans do. I think you are a wonderful and loving kitty Mom, and that you did the very best for Gigi. Please let us hear about Lucy when you feel like it. Best Wishes.......Darrolanne from California

It is very comforting to read all these messages - they have kept me going over the last few days. I have got a lot of pleasure from logging on and re-reading the posts and looking at the pictures of everyone's cats - they are all just so adorable. I want to write about Lucy but I don't feel able right now.
    JulieG

I want to extend my condolences on the loss of your precious Gigi. I'm sure she is grateful that you were able to know when it was her time to pass on. It sounds like Lucy is ready to help you through the grief process . . . cats are great healers, and you have each other to lean on in this time of sorrow.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Julie we will be here when your ready to share photo's and more memories. The day will come when you will be able to do that and it will be bittersweet. My heart breaks for you and Lucy. She is feeling your pain as well as her own.
    God bless you Julie and Lucy. Gi will never be forgotten but we pray that the pain of the loss will soon ease.

Hi. I had hoped that I would be able to write about Lucy and post pictures by now but I am feeling too sad. But I would like to write about Gigi. I thought that by now I would be feeling a bit better but I don't. It has been two weeks since Gigi died and I miss her more than ever. Every day I pine for her more and more. It feels like I haven't seen her for such a long time.

Gigi used to sit in the garden and stare through the window to try and catch my attention so that I would open it and let her in. Of course I always did open the window, asking her why couldn't she use the catflap like a 'normal' cat! Since she died I've had this silly idea that if I kept a candle alight in the window she might see it and come home....I know she won't but I can't give up just yet.

Some things I miss about Gigi: I miss her complaining about the food I give her and the way she would somehow manage to get me to open four different types of food and then always eat the first one and leave the others. I miss the way she would be waiting for me when I got home from work and roll over on her back for me to tickle her soft fluffy tummy. I miss the way she moaned every time I spoke to someone on the phone and then walk away once I had put the phone down. I miss the way she would come charging through the catflap during the night and insist on waking me to tell me what she had been doing out there. I miss the way she was always ready for a cuddle no matter what. I miss looking out of the window and seeing her sitting on the garden bench. I miss her soft pink pads and her single black one and I miss the little black freckle on her bottom lip. I miss her very floppy belly and her little ginger bit under her nose. I miss the games we used to play. I just miss every part of her. I miss my little shadow.

Sorry to ramble - thanks for listening.
    JulieG

That sometimes , sadly is the way , that some Cat go. My Scrappy , I found him , in his bed, and I didnt realize that he was gone , until I touched him. Poor Gigi , you were a Good Cat , and we hope that your suffering was not long . But now you are among friends , and have al eternity to be happy. Found cats salute GIGI , and mourn you!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

So sorry for you loss.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh, Julie, now I'm sitting here crying over your Gigi, and I'm so very, very sorry!

It's hard to understand why these things do happen, especially when it comes so unexpected.

The first weeks are the hardest, when you beging to realize she's really gone. Please know you can come here anytime and talk about her whenever you feel the need to.

(((HUGS))),
    Kirsten