Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My sister could use some prayers

My sister could use some prayers

My sister is back in the hospital. It's inoperable so they treated her with chemo and radiation. She was told a couple of months ago her lung cancer was in remission. Such good news.

Yesterday she called me and asked me to take her to the hospital. She's had something like the flu since last week and it hasn't gotten any better so the doctor is worried about dehydration so he wanted her admitted. They've been running a bunch of tests, but I'm so scared that her cancer has returned and metastasized to more organs.

Please say a few prayers for her.

I'll be praying for you sister.

I'm sorry to hear this Robin

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

PT prayers really do work and there's lots more coming from my side.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Your sister is on my Prayer List.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Don't worry too much Robin, I'm sure her chemo and radiation has just made her immune system very weak. It actually pretty much wipes it out and it takes forever for it to recover. I'm sure she just has a bug or the flu, which isn't to be taken lightly when one has been on chemo and radiation. It can easily turn into pneumonia.

I so understand the fears though. Just last week I rushed to my oncologist when I found a lump in my forearm. I found out it's a Lipoma, (a fatty tumor like dogs get) and nothing to worry about.

all that having been said, she will be in my thoughts. I know how scary it can be.

Prayers, on the way, for your sister, Robin. I know how frightened you all must be. I'm thinking positively, knowing her immune system must be deficient at this point and any bug that is out there might attack her system. Keep us posted, please, and we'll be praying!!

Logan

Robin, I am so sorry to hear this. Your sister is in my thoughts and prayers.

PT's DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

My sister has had a couple of wild days. She was having so much trouble breathing and through the testing, they found a lot of fluid in her lungs and around her heart. Last night they had to do an emergency procedure to draw fluid off her lungs. They drew 1300 cc's of fluid off her left lung and there probably is at least that much around her right lung, but they elected to wait on that until this weekend. She's on blood thinners and they didn't even want to do the procedure but they didn't have a choice. Bleeding was the least of the worries - drowning in fluid was the biggie. Well, the procedure went very well and she was breathing a little better today. Then tonight, they went in and did a procedure to drain the fluid from around her heart which was affecting the beating of her heart. She came through that well. They'll probably do the right lung tomorrow or the next day.

We still don't know what's causing the accumulation of fluid, but the good thing - NO CANCER has returned. Her CAT scan and bone scan do not show a return of the cancer.

I am so relieved - THANKS TO ALL THE PT'ers who prayed for her. I really appreciate all the help!!!

Re: I'll be praying for you sister.

Praise God! I'll continue praying for your sister.

Thank you Wolfie!

I'm so glad to read that her cancer has not returned. This is such good news.

I hope and pray that your sister has a full and complete recovery from her illness and is able to be home for Christmas to share in the joy with her family.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I'm so glad to hear that your sister is doing better and that there is no sign of the cancer. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and hope she feels better real soon.

Robin

Fantastic news on your sister... I will say special prayers for her and keep everything crossed!! You should now just relax and enjoy the Christmas break.
    JulieG

Good news Robin! I will say a few prayers for her tonight, hope she gets over thsi soon!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

I am so glad that the cancer has not returned,
    and I hope she makes a complete recover on what
    is causing the excess fluid.

----<---<--<{(@

Robin, I'm so glad to hear that her cancer is still in remission and that she's doing much better. Prayers and positive thoughts are coming her way for a quick and full recovery. Hopefully she'll be able to come home for the holidays.