Thread: Very dry paw pads

Very dry paw pads

Hanna has very dry paw pads. I noticed today one pad looked like it was peeling! My other two cats have baby-soft pads, no dryness. They are indoor only cats.

Should I do something about the dry pads? She doesn't seem to groom them excessivly, once in awhile I catch her yanking out the dried (clumping) litter that gets between her toes. I am currently using different types of litter - clumping, clay and Feline Pine. They love the clumping but I want to change the boxes over completely to Feline Pine soon.

Should I add something to her food?

My cat Moo has dry pads and dry skin around his eyes. I split open a capsule of Vitamin E and put it on the dry areas. It helps. Another thing you can use is "Bag Balm". They use it on cow's utters. It's safe.
    Last edited by moosmom; 12-18-2003 at 05:20 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks, I will try those. Hopefully I can get some on before she licks it all off.